Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

The Pussy Boss posted:

some astros minor leaguer gave up 3 straight dingers, then plunked miggy cabrera and got tossed

Oh wow, it's even better than it sounds! He walked the first batter on four pitches and every pitch he got near the zone was hit out of the park.

I need to watch this sequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The Mariners game is broken on Gameday. :(

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Mariners win with a giant offensive outburst.

I could get used to this.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Apparently the Padres' pitchers can't throw strikes. They've issued 8 walks in less than 4 innings.

That includes three consecutive RBBIs in the 3rd.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

9 walks.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I just tuned back in and it's up to 14 walks and an HBP in less than 6 innings.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Hey, Mariners. Score some runs.

I know most of the good players are in the WBC, but that's no excuse.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Mustached Demon posted:

I think it was more the other west coast teams had natural rivals within their cities. Not sure about Col/Ari.

Mariners have had a steady stream of likable dudes from as long as I can remember (I turn 30 in a week). Edgar, Buno, Griffey, Ichiro, The King... Randy Johnson will always be a mariner to me since my first game was him pitching in the King Dome. I could have bias here in likable dudes since I grew up in northern Idaho and they were close.

Jamie Moyer was great and likable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Popete posted:

This just in, Hawk Harrelson doesn't like the WBC.

Why, because baseball's an American sport?

• Locked thread