Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The Giants signed everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Affeldt didn't like throwing IBBs, which is unsurprising since bouncing a pitch during an IBB isn't desirable.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Miller raises a good point-- if the manager can "Intentionally Walk" the batter without leaving the dugout or waiting for the batter to get in the box, it probably will be a not-insignificant time gain since there doesn't need to be a summit on the mound, then a discussion with the ump, then waiting for the batter to get "ready".

But knowing MLB it'll be the slowest implementation of this system that requires the manager walking around even more.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
GIANTS WALK OFF

Giants hero... Chris... Marrero...?

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Actually, they lost :twisted:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I'm trying to think of a way to describe the Giants that doesn't use the word "mid-season" and words are failing me

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Dodgers sabotaging the Giants by giving meatballs up to Parker

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
If you're going to watch a Giants game today, don't make it the White Sox one because ahahahaha it's p bad

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Gameday is in the Best Shape of It's Life

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
:siren: ERIC GAGNE :siren: is pitching for Team Canada against the Blue Jays right now.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Cy Young Strikezone, am I right?

E: posting images via phone is hard

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 8, 2017

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Chris Marrero has another 9th inning game-winning home run for the Giants. That's two more than the entirety of the 2016 Giants.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

The Pussy Boss posted:

Belt's having a nice spring, crushing the ball

in the other game Matt Cain got lit up again because he's really bad. oh and Mike Morse hit a couple dingers I guess

Hwang is having a good spring so far too, along with Mac Williamson.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

This "rocket" makes me concerned for Joey in the outfield

https://twitter.com/BlueJays/status/841022951503851528

They should have ruled "blocking the plate" and awarded them the run :v:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

The Pussy Boss posted:

man it's a shame to waste this bumgarner start in spring training. 6 innings, 68 pitches, one walk one single. so good

and then Blach comes in and gives up 5 straight hits wtf.

Purest strain of Giants

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Did he say he didn't like the WBC but liked Spring Training? That would be the important part of establishing a hypocrisy.

Because clearly we shouldn't besmirch the Hawk Harrelson legacy without having all the facts.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

The Pussy Boss posted:

denard span has two goddamn hits this spring??

mariners rf crashes into the wall to make a nice catch

Yes. It was pointed out yesterday that he isn't impressing on offense or d, and that Gorkys looked great at both last year and so far this spring. Apparently Span was upset he got platooned at the end of last season, but he's really not making a case against doing this again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I feel like even if Matt Cain is "good" enough to meet the bare-minimum of quality aka have quality starts, the part of the bullpen that'll help mop up is so bad that it won't matter

• Locked thread