Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I predict this bitch will give birth @ 2:10pm on March 16th.

Place your bets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
When is it going to be time to eat this giraffe miscarriage?

When?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

My mom went into labor 6 weeks early because she was trying to repaint the kitchen. Have they tried giving the giraffe some paint?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
What's even the name for the meat of baby giraffes??

Tall veal?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

What's even the name for the meat of baby giraffes??

Tall veal?

Longer pig.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Hey guys, remember when I made this thread like a month ago. April is still figuring out how to give birth.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I think I've got it. We just recently discovered that there are actually four species of giraffe right? So what if things like standard giraffe gestation were based on one species of giraffe, but it's different for April's species?

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

935 posted:

How come modern medical science can tell a woman what day she's going to give birth months out, but top veterinarians can't offer a better estimate for giraffe birth more accurate than "maybe sometime in February?"
Modern medical science can't do this at all. The doctor can tell you when the baby should ideally come out but then the baby is just like ha ha gently caress you I'll just come out whenever :dealwithit:

Anyway I'm pretty sure this dumb giraffe is reabsorbing her calf now. She's like a real live Sophie the Giraffe after a toddler has chewed on her for a year: if you cut her open it'd be just air and mould inside.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Grem posted:

Hey guys, remember when I made this thread like a month ago. April is still figuring out how to give birth.

I noticed one of the live streams has started taking donations. There were people donating $100 and more. I was like wtf?? I think this is all just a scam.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Can't a lot of mammals self-abort pregnancies and absorb the fetus? Maybe April gives no fucks?

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Pvt.Scott posted:

Can't a lot of mammals self-abort pregnancies and absorb the fetus?

hosed up if true

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Pfft.

The stream was being sponsored by Mazuri, a company which sells exotic animal feed.

Was. Probably because they only had so much advertising money budgeted and it ran out before the baby fell out.

Though I'm not discounting the possibilities of either April absorbing the life energy of her own spawn or Mazuri's PR department catching the same moment I did when April tried to eat some grass by throwing it over her head.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

The Deviations posted:

Pfft.

The stream was being sponsored by Mazuri, a company which sells exotic animal feed.

Was. Probably because they only had so much advertising money budgeted and it ran out before the baby fell out.

Though I'm not discounting the possibilities of either April absorbing the life energy of her own spawn or Mazuri's PR department catching the same moment I did when April tried to eat some grass by throwing it over her head.

Someone at the Mazuri HQ had just watched Speed and got a really awesome idea to raise funds but it's gone too far and they don't know how to stop. There's no brakes on this train, as they say

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bareback Werewolf posted:

hosed up if true

The body has a way of shutting it down

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Did I miss the birth or is the camera still rolling on a dumb, fat giraffe named April, decidedly not giving birth?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It was like fifteen minutes ago you missed it

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

How strong are giraffe necks?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

DrManiac posted:

How strong are giraffe necks?

Not strong at all, they regularly break under the weight of their heads. It doesn't kill them though, so they run around and it's all flopping around and poo poo, it's p hosed up tbh

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
Did the stupid giraffe give birth or not?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Rozzbot posted:

Did the stupid giraffe give birth or not?

She ain't even pregnant. Just fat.

Tlacuache
Jul 3, 2007
Cross my heart, smack me dead, stick a lobster on my head.

Like a month ago I dreamed that a zoo worker had made up the giraffe being pregnant and had to apologize on the camera before everyone.

Give birth, stupid giraffe.

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:
what is that thing

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Blue Train posted:

Not strong at all, they regularly break under the weight of their heads. It doesn't kill them though, so they run around and it's all flopping around and poo poo, it's p hosed up tbh

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

...and the pitch! posted:

The body has a way of shutting it down

Thats only in the case of rape though. Did this giraffe get giraffe raped?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

wesleywillis posted:

Thats only in the case of rape though. Did this giraffe get giraffe raped?

Are giraffes capable of informed consent?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
where are my delicious giraffe eggs

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

XMNN posted:

where are my delicious giraffe eggs

Sorry, but the rampant use of DDT-based insecticides has caused the giraffes to lay extremely-weakened eggs, and none survived the transition into precious, juicy giraffe-belut.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

Are giraffes capable of informed consent?

Preferred giraffe sex is male-on-male rape, with females being at the bottom of the priority list below "literally just humping the air." So, no.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pvt.Scott posted:

Preferred giraffe sex is male-on-male rape, with females being at the bottom of the priority list below "literally just humping the air." So, no.

:same:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I forgot all about this she's still sitting there being stupid.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Grem posted:

It'll actually be a month in about 3.5 days. You struck comedy wine here; the thread title gets better with age.

I remember when I was a kid, being taught sex ed in a windowless van by a giraffe puppet. Left me with the clearly mistaken impression that giraffes knew how sex worked.

The Deviations posted:

Maybe the problem is that she thinks her name is her due date.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

The Deviations posted:

It'll actually be a month in about 3.5 days. You struck comedy wine here; the thread title gets better with age.

I remember when I was a kid, being taught sex ed in a windowless van by a giraffe puppet. Left me with the clearly mistaken impression that giraffes knew how sex worked.

that wasn't a sex ed lesson and it wasn't a giraffe puppet. you were molested and the "puppet" was the guy's penis.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that wasn't a sex ed lesson and it wasn't a giraffe puppet. you were molested and the "puppet" was the guy's penis.

..............no, I think I'd remember if my father had a van.

No, no, this was a seperate event. The entire class would be bundled into the van at least once a year and there'd be two strange and overly enthusiastic people - it was the 90's - with the puppet and a TV. Suss, but more informative than abstinence only so w/e

can I please get some fellow :australia: corroboration here so I don't sound like I'm trying to rip off Candle Cove

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i have some bad news for you, this was just your school and it really was a penis, not a giraffe

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
they did that in the UK in the 90s but seeing as its the UK i wouldn't rule out noncing

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's me. i am the giraffe baby. i will come out when i feel like it. thank you very much

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Having 24/7 visual access to animals that should be cool makes it pretty clear that almost everything living is boring 95% of the time

I mean this one's trapped in a room til it gives birth in captivity but I bet everyday giraffes are just as boring. There's a reason Planet Earth has "making of" segments that are just as long as the episodes themselves that are basically about how they waited 4 months with 24 hour suirvalence until a penguin threw up

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

The giraffe emojis are out (unlike the baby.) The stream's now sponsored by Toys'Я'Us with a giraffe's head emerging from the Я so now even a corporate logo has given birth to a giraffe before April has.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Pvt.Scott posted:

can confirm, pvt scott knows what hes talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Best Giraffe posted:

can confirm, pvt scott knows what hes talking about

I guess you would know.

• Locked thread