Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

hanales posted:

This is a frustrating challenge to watch, because so many of the enemies are jerks and deserve a swift death.

Especially blue devils.
When I was first planning this run, I actually spent a long time calculating XP on just how many enemies I could kill out of convenience without gaining a level. In the end, I decided it was against the spirit of the challenge, and to only get the two necessary kills (one Flame Demon and one Succubus), but it was very, very tempting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
There have been several times in the preceding videos where I was expecting you to reflexively kill some weak enemy. Thank you for relieving that bit of dramatic tension. :v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I am so sorry for the next video.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

I am so sorry for the next video.

Jeez, don't apologize in advance. Show some spine!

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Blaze Dragon posted:

That poor Bat did not deserve death. Why did you do it, PMush Perfect? Why?

Natural reflexes honed after seemingly hours of play

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

more like

pmush imperfect

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I don't know what kind of wicked witch I pissed off to curse this LP, but over the course of the last week, I've been fighting with CirclMaster's audio being so out of sync that I could swear it becomes more out of sync when I try to replay it. It was literally almost ten minutes shorter than everyone else's.

I'm finally buckling down to finish it up but Jesus loving Christ, this LP. :cripes:

Edit

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Mar 27, 2017

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's your punishment for killing that bat.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's your punishment for killing that bat.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I blame audacity and uzworm, uzworm's known lies and jealousy

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

A week and a half later, I finally figured out where the gremlin came from. It's my video editing software again. And yet, I'd still rather deal with this than pay several hundred dollars for a program that actually works, or gently caress around for however long it'll take to learn Avisynth.

...I really need to learn how to use Avisynth.

Anyways, here's a new video or whatever.

Featuring Herr Tog and CirclMastr
Content Warning: :effort:

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Mar 28, 2017

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Avisynth seems daunting at first, but it's actually really easy to use if you just copy-paste the same ol' poo poo over and over again :D. I just opened up an old script of mine:

code:
title = ImageSource("E:\LP Zeug\Mega Man V\LP Title.png", fps=60, start=1, end=300, pixel_type = "RGB32")

video = AVISource("E:\LP Zeug\Mega Man V\Pluto\video.avi").PointResize(640,576).KillAudio

Audio = WAVSource("E:\LP Zeug\Mega Man V\Pluto\Finished Audio.wav")

vid = 	title.FadeOut(60,$FFFFFF) + video.FadeIn(60,$FFFFFF)

AudioDub(vid, audio)

FadeOut(60)

ConvertToYV12()
So if you've ever seen any kind of code, first you just define your variables - "title" is an image you get from my E: directory via the ImageSource command, it gets the same FPS as the video so it works once you splice them together (60 in this case), start and end define the length (in frames, so with 60 frames this means 5 seconds), and the pixel type gives it the same color code as the video. Otherwise it, again, cannot be spliced to the vid.

"video", same deal, is an AVI recorded raw off the emulator's built-in program (this is for a Gameboy game, so it should work pretty much the same way for you too), the PointResize function at the end blows it up to exactly four times defined by the variables in the brackets, and it's point resize rather than a different one because for pixels, this is 100% accurate if you're doubling or quadrupling the image. So you get no loss in quality. I kill the audio because both image (obviously) and video are then silent and, again, can get spliced together.

The Audio is the commentary recorded and auto-ducked over the game audio with audacity, just an already finished (and lossless because I can afford it, baby) complete audio track.

Then I put the title card and the video together, fade the first out, the second in; dub the audio over the finished clip; fade out everything, convert to a nice color format or something (don't ask me what this ACTUALLY does, I've just always kept it there forever).

You can do more complicated stuff through judicous use of .trim and other functions:

code:
vid = 	title.FadeOut(60,$FFFFFF) + video4.FadeIn(60,$FFFFFF).FadeOut(60,$FFFFFF) +\
	dissolve(video.Trim(20254,21454).ChangeSpeed(2).FadeIn(60,$FFFFFF).Overlay(music,mask=music.ShowAlpha(),0,0)+video.Trim(21455,22364).ChangeSpeed(2), video2.Trim(18858,20701).ChangeSpeed(2), video3.Trim(19392,21036).ChangeSpeed(2), video.Trim(22696,24924), 60)
This is for a death reel, if I remember correctly. First, we have the title card, the normal video up until the boss; then we have multiple clips added together, all of them trimmed to only show the fight, then sped up (this order, please), and they don't hard-cut, but dissolve into each other for the duration of one second (the 60 frames at the very end). The Overlay puts a picture on top that I made to show the music source.

This is the result, the relevant part (with all the dissolve stuff) happens at around 7:28.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

"Oh, hey, this doesn't seem so-"

Simply Simon posted:

code:
vid = 	title.FadeOut(60,$FFFFFF) + video4.FadeIn(60,$FFFFFF).FadeOut(60,$FFFFFF) +\
	dissolve(video.Trim(20254,21454).ChangeSpeed(2).FadeIn(60,$FFFFFF).Overlay(music,mask=music.ShowAlpha(),0,0)+video.Trim(21455,22364).ChangeSpeed(2), 
        video2.Trim(18858,20701).ChangeSpeed(2), video3.Trim(19392,21036).ChangeSpeed(2), video.Trim(22696,24924), 60)
:stare:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TQQKpwYnzg

I am in fact not dying but need to do a Tay Zonday and move away from the mic to breathe or cough.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Herr Tog posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TQQKpwYnzg

I am in fact not dying but need to do a Tay Zonday and move away from the mic to breathe or cough.
Fun fact: Al has never sung Hardware Store live. I don't think anyone can blame him.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Double-posting to say that I fixed the 10 minutes of dead air at the end and reuploaded. Oops.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

PMush Perfect posted:

"Oh, hey, this doesn't seem so-"

:stare:
As I said, it looks really daunting at first but it's pretty logical once you get used to it. If you want a more extended tutorial, hit me up per PM. Or maybe ask the Tech Support Fort because they know their poo poo a lot more than me :v:.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

PMush Perfect posted:

Fun fact: Al has never sung Hardware Store live. I don't think anyone can blame him.

You know? I am honestly surprised. Not even like on a TV show?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Herr Tog posted:

You know? I am honestly surprised. Not even like on a TV show?
I've been trying to find an original source, but I can't. Even the 'official' wiki doesn't really have a source on that tidbit. So... :shrug: I could be wrong!

Edit I appreciate how we're all avoiding the elephant graveyard in the room.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

PMush Perfect posted:

I've been trying to find an original source, but I can't. Even the 'official' wiki doesn't really have a source on that tidbit. So... :shrug: I could be wrong!

Edit I appreciate how we're all avoiding the elephant graveyard in the room.

I'm sure you will learn how to back dat rear end up any day now

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This time on Medusa Head: Gets your torches and pitchforks!

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 5, 2017

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I didn't know you liked little witch academia

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
I'm really confused right now.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

hanales posted:

I'm really confused right now.

read the subs you anime pleb

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Herr Tog posted:

read the subs you anime pleb

I didn't notice it was uploaded on April 1st and just kind of skipped through it to see if the video changed on my phone.

So :P

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

hanales posted:

I didn't notice it was uploaded on April 1st and just kind of skipped through it to see if the video changed on my phone.

So :P

dubs 5 eva

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I went ahead and changed the button.

New episode coming as soon as I stop being obsessed with Zero Time Dilemma.

lightace
Jul 13, 2016
That's a completely understandable obsession. Carry on.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Time for me to sell out while I put off updating the LP for just a little bit longer.

I'm looking to use an Aria of Sorrow avatar, but I'm not sure what! So, anyone willing to throw out ideas or even images/gifs, you might win the pride of knowing a FFF-list LPer has your idea as their avatar on SomethingAwful.com!

If I can't decide, I'll probably just get a Soma walkcycle or something.

Fudge Handsome
Jan 29, 2011

Shall we do it?
Get Soma doing his twitchy-flex from the teleport room.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Soma sitting on his throne when Julius confronts him. Ideally without the text in front of course, but you can use the text as your avatar text.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
a gif of skeleton hoping

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Soma sitting on his throne when Julius confronts him. Ideally without the text in front of course, but you can use the text as your avatar text.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This time on Medusa Head: DMCA Takedowns!

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
That blue imp room looked like a pain in the rear end. How long did you spend punching the air there? :magical:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Excellent song choices. I'm always up for some eurobeat and some TWEWY.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
I spent so much time riding those boats thinking they would break a wall or something revealing a secret. I must have wasted hours.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

hanales posted:

I spent so much time riding those boats thinking they would break a wall or something revealing a secret. I must have wasted hours.
Well, you do ride a boat over a ramp to get to a certain area before you get the double-jump, but it's completely optional and not super important.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

That blue imp room looked like a pain in the rear end. How long did you spend punching the air there? :magical:
So long I seriously considered killing as many as I could without leveling up.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skKZPNDEjHc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

100% completetion run
1. Game overscreen

• Locked thread