Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
For my money this is best Metroidvania game, looking forward to this.

Would be down to commentate on an ep or two because I love this game, but my schedule is all sorts of hosed up from week to week so we'll see :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Lightning Doll or bust :colbert: Valkyrie is also good because so much in this game is weak to Holy damage.

I knew about that back door to the IQ but never bothered with it since I'm too much of a rule-follower. Also because the Headhunter soul is really good but I can see why you'd want to skip that fight on a low-level run! Do you not need the slide elsewhere in the game?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

ulmont posted:

What were the hints again - I can't remember how you're supposed to figure out it's those three souls in particular?

There are three books you can pick up in the castle that are red, blue and yellow. The item description of each book describes the souls you're supposed to equip. Honestly it's pretty obtuse and teenage me had to go on GameFAQs to figure out what they meant and when to equip them, but maybe they were obvious for other people.

E: Should have refreshed the page first but yeah, what they said.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
This looks like the most un-fun thing in the world so I don't blame you for dropping the Hard version.

Also I'm sad that you didn't give a shout-out to the Medusa Head soul in your latest video, as it completely chumps part 2 of the Balore fight.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Congrats on being freed from your personal Hell.

I love the Chaotic Realm in this game, it's just so weird and unsettling and the boss design is real freaky.

• Locked thread