Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

Retro Access posted:

They aren't as bright in general than something carefully planned as a feature of the room design and if you want to dissipate light all over the whole of the room you end up either having several annoying lamps taking up wall sockets for, and in the way for your animals to knock over or one big one in the middle of the room for the whole family to knock over I guess.

I want that poo poo out of the way, and I want my pets to not have free access to my kitchen.

As to all the other things I think of the USA besides these relatively trivial things, it's all poo poo that I'm deeply ashamed of my own country for because it's a tiny microcosm of the USA, and it recently did something way more embarrassing than Trump. So it's not something I can even state as a difference.

I have ceiling lights in all the rooms of my home, but the only ones that actually gets used are the light over the kitchen table for dinner and the big bright light in the kitchen for food prep (safety first!). Having a lamp shade direct light to the ceiling or floor before hitting me in the eyes makes it much gentler. At work it's big bright fluorescents all day, when I get home I just want to chill out with some gentle light, y'know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread