Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Left wing branch of the family: The US workers are the biggest pussies on the planet and eat such massive amounts of poo poo that it's a wonder any of you survive. You have like, no rights, in any way whatsoever, no unions and you've invented new and interesting ways of getting rid of the few rights you had. And your supposed left-wing party seems to do jack poo poo about it, yet you still vote in shitloads of absolute retards even the regular right-wing here is full of contempt towards.

You're also comically unjust and it's pathetic you pretend to be in any way a moral country. Just in the ME you prop up the two most despicable countries there, while constantly talking about the third as if they're anything compared to you. You're also incredibly violent. You keep starting wars and blowing poo poo up and enabling others in doing that. It makes you look like a nation of psychos, which is only supported by all the mass shootings and guns you seem to love.

You also talk a lot about freedom when in most ways you're infinitely less free than Europe because you seem to have no idea about the difference between positive and negative liberty. You getting to have an AR15 in your living room is a joke compared to free education, healthcare and benefits.

We think you're a net negative on the world.

Bourgie part: There is nothing historical there except the indians and no-one cares about them. Even in younger countries like mine we still have like, public toilets older than your settler-colonial state. So anyone with any interest in that will never wanna go there.

Thankfully, you make good and cheap food. Most of it is unhealthy garbage but it sure is tasty! You're also cheap place to go and buy a buncha clothes and booze and Florida has good golf courses and weather so we go there every now and then. We actually have a summer house there with some other families but good heavens, we would never live there, for a lot of the same reasons as the left wing branch does but for more bourgie reasons: we find the stark and brutal poverty a lot of people are in there uncomfortable to watch because we're vaguely frightened of them rather than compassion. (Though we feel some of that too!)

We like the idea of paying less taxes, but we've seen what that leads to so we don't agitate for it much.

All members except the one unlucky sod: Thank you for peanut butter. Holy smokes that makes up for a lot.

Everyone: And we all know good Americans and whatnot but drat you guys, there seem to be a lot of you that are absolute poo poo. American movies/TV/Games are good, if sometimes full of the idiocy in your society. You are really weird about sex. Are you afraid of it or something? Why are your movies so afraid of showing sexuality, which is good and normal, and so keen on violence, which is bad?

Your military worship is beyond creepy. You realize they murder people right? That's not a good thing. (Some members of the left wing think that their problem is that they murder the wrong people and a few ignorant ones think the military is just like in the movies).

Everyone except for a few that actually bother learning about you: There is only Texas, Florida, New York, Boston and LA. The rest of the country is just parts that are there but don't matter to us. We know some more parts exist, like Washington, but we don't go there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

himurak posted:

As a completely untraveled American I have a (probably) oddly weird question.

How do you all treat time? Do you turn your clocks back and forth every 6 months or so? How many hours do you work a full-time job? How long does it take to do your errands each week? Do you dedicate as much effort scheduling how long to do things as doing them?

I've always found our concept of time and time management odd and was wondering if it's similar around the globe.
We don't do daylights savings time, I think that's what you mean with your clock thang?

Icelanders work long-ish hours but we get overtime and you know what here's an article about it written by a yank

My errands take me only a few hours because I live in a fairly centralized part of town, so groceries aint no big deal. Cleaning is more a matter of willpower than time though.

And I don't generally schedule things longer than a week ahead in time, unless it's something big like a vacation. That's pretty Icelandic.

LogisticEarth posted:

Fun anecdote: The early development of the American identity involved differentiating the "historic" grandeur of Europe from the "naturalistic" grandeur of North America. I work in conservation, and I've used this to succesfully communicate with more conservative pro-development folks or the "duck dynasty" sportsman types. The implication being that by neglecting our natural assets, rivers, and wild areas, they risk ruining what's left of the American identity and turning us into pinko-commie Europe. :v:
We're Europes largest nature park, so we get both~
(Note you better love cold and desolate landscapes if you wanna dig this place)

• Locked thread