Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
Scottish goon here. My local county actually really loves Americans due to the fact there used to be a USAF base here. It was an awesome place, the soldiers were very friendly and quite a few of them even settled in Scotland with either families or starting new ones. I'm not sure how or why but maybe because of the money being invested into that base, our entire county profited really well and we got a lot of good revenue.

The local village near the base has a bonfire night every November 5th, like many places in the UK obviously, and every year people would gather money to get fireworks and such. The Americans however were like "hahahaha, you call THAT a firework okay stand back", and well...if there's one thing people know about the US is that god you love to blow poo poo up and every year when I was a kid I was SO EXCITED for the local bonfire night because the Americans made it AWESOME. Stars and stripes, big-rear end boomers, loving POWDER KEGS with that poo poo, and since they were all trained professionals by default everything went pretty smoothly to the point that that village had the best bonfire show in the entire county and it brought hundreds of people.

They even invited locals onto the base during July 4th to enjoy Independence Day with their fireworks and they had this little arcade to play at and it was just the absolute best. We were really sad to see the USAF go when the base was made redundant. :( It was a pretty important base too, apparently it was one of the first defence points during the Cold War as being one of the closest points to the Iron Curtain in terms of latitude. But at least in terms of my local area, Americans are awesome warm and enthusiastic people, like pretty much ready to go for anything.

Scotland in general understands that mentality a lot, and we appreciate America for having that sort of passion for anything they do for better or worse. It's like having that one friend who's always got the best stuff and has the absolute best parties and is always fun to be around, but you would never give him the keys to your car if that makes sense?

My mum used to work as a window cleaner on that base too, so she has first-hand experience and constantly tells me about how Americans are generally very bold and hearty people that love to interact with others.

Generally speaking, Scotland tends to be a rather left-wing country by and large and we do like the US a lot since it's very clear there are large swathes of people who share the same political leanings. Likewise there's probably a fair minority of right-wing people who also appreciate the US for its grassroots white supremacy being more vigorous than in other places I guess? Or that may just be the fact that American media is so huge that it always has the biggest face of any political strait shared by those in other countries. :shrug:

It's a little complicated now since what with Trump being well, Trump, he's desperate to try and make Scotland his second home and we just want none of this or anything to do with him. Despite the massive outcry pretty much every time he came up here for the past six years (like that bullshit with making a third golf course and his unquestionable hatred for wind farms which Scotland is very proud of), we still love the US a lot because we feel just as uncomfortably responsible for his existence as the US does so there's that, I guess. v:shobon:v

So long story short, pretty sure Scotland loves the US. :scotland: :hf: :911:

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread