Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hyperlynx posted:

You still do not use the metric system.

this is a goofy criticism because americans use the metric system where it matters. in science, engineering, the military, etc. people use the metric system. metric is taught in american schools. all american food packaging is labeled in imperial and metric. it's just that in day to day life people still use imperial mostly because of cultural inerta and at that point who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hyperlynx posted:

I mean, sure, it's not nearly in the same league as the other stuff, but the day-to-day usage is exactly why it's irritating for non-US people. I don't want to have to get out the converter on my phone just to understand what you're on about when you tell me you get X miles to the gallon, eat a pound of cake or drink an ounce of coffee. You might as well be talking Martian.

learn to tolerate cultural differences, bigot :smug:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
electric kettle? you mean a keurig?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i just run the office keurig without a pod. if you dont put a pod in then the output is hot water, appropriate for a tea bag

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
they're just mad we did the postcolonial cultural wasteland and native brutalization first and best

• Locked thread