Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Rotten Cookies posted:

Crazy how silly it is to reduce entire countries to a few stereotypes, huh?

Now excuse me, I have to pick out a new Trump paint scheme for my scooter-mounted gun holster that will match my 256oz cup holder.

Your av triggers me so loving much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
As an American, I really don't care what other people think of us but I still find this thread and the opinions therein fascinating.

Please carry on, non US goons.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
American culture and Hollywood has been cited a few times in this thread. Since our media is pretty world reaching, what do you non US goons think about American movies? What kind of impressions do you get from the ones that are centered in the US as opposed to taking place in international venues?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Avshalom posted:

also the american military is going to go down in history as a monstrous conquering force that has destroyed millions of innocent lives and ancient cultures. we pretend to respect individual troops to avoid a fight but in actuality anyone who voluntarily joins the american military is a selfish subhuman who's putting their own finances above other people's lives and deserves nothing but mockery

i dont see how this is a bad thing. :fsmug:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

LogisticEarth posted:

I think it's notable that the inventor of the Keurig does not own one, and has publicly expressed his regret at creating the drat things. It makes mediocre everything, is expensive, and wasteful.

It's actually so expensive that even if you bought $20/lb super-snob coffee you'd still probably save enough over Keurig pods to cover a nice grinder and drip machine. You could literally save over the Keurig by buying the best coffee money can buy.

We had one of these at my old job to replace our industrial sized coffee machine that you just poured the grounds and water into... That thing was infinitely better than the Keurig. I loving hated that that, I hated the coffees available for it, how much it needed to be refilled, and how you could NEVER completely clean them.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

whereas leave the NYC area and New York swings hard conservative and rural. Saw more vocal Trump supporters per capita upstate than in the south. Anecdotally ofc

No, you're completely right. NYC is literally the only reason NY is a blue state. Source : I am a New Yorker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cicero posted:

NYC proper + Long Island represents a majority of the population of New York state anyway, right?

Just under half, if I remember correctly. I'm from Brooklyn myself but I favor more center/right policies than the cities because I'm a hobbyist shooter.. Which is another thing Euros get up their own asses about over us.

• Locked thread