Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo
My brother was over there recently, (from Australia), and he said "people get easily infuriated by the slightest delay in traffic".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo
One thing I have noticed is that Americans really don't seem to like their own country.

If you post something positive or at least neutral about the USA, you'll soon get a response from an irate American who will bring up:

A) The prison system.
B) Slavery / Racism.
C) Something else political.
D) The healthcare system.
E) Acts of USA imperialism \ hypocrisy.

While these are interesting and relevant topics of discussion, they don't seem to be satisfied until you conclude that the USA has never accomplished anything positive, is the worst of the most barbaric and bloodthirsty empires that ever existed throughout history, and the entire world would be better off if any other nation was the dominant superpower.

EDIT: And they are quite fond of expressing a (hollow, as it turned out) wish to move to either Canada or my own nation, Australia, when political circumstances change to those not of their liking.

Sic Semper Goon fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Mar 9, 2017

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo

Grand Prize Winner posted:

e2: Euro-types, what's your opinion of US weed culture?

Not a European, but I imagine it's very similar to my own nation.

What starts as teenagers/uni students who can't shut up about weed, and base their entire lives around a plant, eventually mature and realize that bonging some choof isn't as "hardcore" as it was during high school and keep it more or less in the background of their lives.

Of course, there are always exceptions.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo

el dingo posted:

I'm from New Zealand but have lived in the UK for the past few years.

Why on earth did you do that?

• Locked thread