Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Jaguars! posted:

Good humored, mild contempt, much like the rest of the US views Texas or Florida.

That's not at all how we view Florida. Florida is the reason even those of us who want to stop global warming occasionally ask, "... but should we?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Grand Prize Winner posted:

If you feel nervous in America, remember that your passport should be good enough to prove that you're over 18, and you can buy a drop knife for like $20. Usually a three-inch or smaller blade is classified as a tool, not a weapon, but that depends on jurisdiction.

e: some shops don't really care though, knives like that were pretty common in my high school.

e2: Euro-types, what's your opinion of US weed culture?

This reminds me of that time a new guy at work who had just moved here from NYC asked me why everyone carried pocketknives around all the time, while I was in the middle of cutting some boxes open, because don't they worry about everyone having weapons in here? And I was completely taken aback by the idea of knives being on the radar because we were almost certainly the only two people in the building who didn't own a gun.

• Locked thread