Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Tengames posted:

wake up this morning to this, 5 days away from release.

Never give gamestop your money.

lovely deal :-( Was it your Switch preorder? Man, less than a week to launch. Super lovely.

Personally, I'm gonna try to snag another Switch at the Best Buy midnight launch, since I only preordered games through them. I was gonna try to flip it if I can get one, but I'd be much happier to pass it on to a goon for cost plus shipping. If it works out, I'll post about it in the new thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Power To The Players

DONTBEADICKEDIT: It now occurs to me that it might be worth calling them. Since Gamestop isn't taking more pre-orders, your order failing to process isn't going to result in Gamestop giving that console to someone else. I wonder if they can fix this before it becomes unavailable.

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.

Tengames posted:

More like the Bone Zone for this guy.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If they mess up my Switch preorder at bestbuy I'll be p sad

If they mess up my Zelda Special Edition order I'll be something else. Pissed probably.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I've had bad luck on all preorders online I've done so I went to GameStop at opening the day after the Switch event and preordered there. Plus I'm going to the midnight launch so they don't accidentally sell my preorder

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

enojy posted:

Zelda spoilers: you STILL don't gently caress Zelda after all these years of saving her entire kingdom. This would never happen on a Sony console.

Actually idk this for sure Nintendo's a-changin'

What if Zelda is Lonely Arrow Girl?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I've had bad luck on all preorders online I've done so I went to GameStop at opening the day after the Switch event and preordered there. Plus I'm going to the midnight launch so they don't accidentally sell my preorder

Sorry, but that guy showed up at 11:59 and we didn't know if you were going to show up so we gave yours to him.

MarkVega
Jan 1, 2008
Just lookin'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtfQM5_W5-A

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

EpicNemesis posted:

I'm waiting for the internet to come up with a Lonely Arrow Girl and Lusty Argonian Maid crossover.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Macintosh HD posted:

Power To The Players

DONTBEADICKEDIT: It now occurs to me that it might be worth calling them. Since Gamestop isn't taking more pre-orders, your order failing to process isn't going to result in Gamestop giving that console to someone else. I wonder if they can fix this before it becomes unavailable.

Yeah, already on the phone line and trying it. I was incredibly paranoid after people mentioned they were cancelled orders a month ago, but i figured they wouldnt be doing it a literal week before release.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Three guarantees in life: death, taxes, and Best Buy loving up your pre-order.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Tengames posted:

This is almost certainly because your card on file was declined. They sent an email out on like Monday saying they will charge today and to make sure it is up to date.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Infinitum posted:

Also you're setting up the new thread aren't you?

Just lemme know and I'll close this off for ya!

I am, but I won't put it up until Thursday. This thread can exist until then

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

EpicNemesis posted:

Lonely Arrow Girl is actually Impa.

You will have to trade 120 Korok seeds to her for the silver arrows.

You'll need them to beat the Calamity Groose

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Tengames posted:

Yeah, already on the phone line and trying it. I was incredibly paranoid after people mentioned they were cancelled orders a month ago, but i figured they wouldnt be doing it a literal week before release.

Any reason to believe the payment didn't go through? Now is probably about when they're going to start charging people.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Macintosh HD posted:

Any reason to believe the payment didn't go through? Now is probably about when they're going to start charging people.

They sent emails out saying they'd do payment charges on the 25th. I had hoped anticipating this and putting 2 different cards on the account, and checking multiple times that I had entered them all correctly would have prevented this, but guess not.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Paid off my Switch, Zelda, and a Pro Controller (because I am a pro). If Gamestop tries some nonsense with me, well, let me tell ya, they got a bit o' whatfor coming at 'em let me tell ya

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Edge Magazine has given BotW a 10/10 so that's pretty neat

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
i have real low expectations that the switch i preordered from best buy will actually arrive next friday

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
If my preorder gets lost, I'll probably just save $300 and buy Zelda on Wii U, tbh

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Instead of 1000 pages we should aim for 666 pages in honor of Nintendo's true number one fan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbzUTRAUac4

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I just noticed the Power A Joycon chargers aren't even going to be shipping until March 27th according to Best Buy. That's off the preorder list.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Louisgod posted:

Bomberman is going to be the poo poo mediocre game that'll hit the bargain bin for $15 in a couple months, no idea why people haven't learned after all these console launches

Switch + Hori screen + 128 SDHC card + Fast RMX + Zelda + Snipperclips = all you need at launch

Paid $15 for a new copy from Best Buy and will actually have people to play with online for the first couple of months but I guess if you want to wait 2 months while the online community has moved onto Mario Kart you can go ahead and do that. hmm do I buy a screen protector for a system that doesn't use a stylus or an at least mildly fun game made by ex Hudson employees? guess I'll go hori screen protector

also VC support confirmed we have 2008's World of Goo available at launch WHICH ALSO CONFIRMS WII VC alert the twitters

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Why do people recommend the HORI protectors above, say, the official Nintendo ones?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Instead of 1000 pages we should aim for 666 pages in honor of Nintendo's true number one fan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbzUTRAUac4

What game is that from?

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Also there's a $10 Hori and a $20 Hori. :iiam:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Macintosh HD posted:

Also there's a $10 Hori and a $20 Hori. :iiam:

One's a PROFESSIONAL protector :iiam:

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Infinitum posted:

One's a PROFESSIONAL protector :iiam:

Unless it's sapphire or something, lol at anyone who is putting plastic on their glass screen to protect it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you're travelling a lot with the Switch I think it makes sense to have one.

If it's primarily going to be sitting around your house, I wouldn't bother.

Still curious about the Hori > Nintendo thing tho

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I can't imagine anyone actually using a Switch out there in public without smashing the gently caress out of it within minutes. Maybe if you're a passenger sitting down in a car/plane/boat/relatively empty train, otherwise newp.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Edge Magazine has given BotW a 10/10 so that's pretty neat

As good as Skyward Sword then.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Famitsu is the only magazine I care if Zelda gets a 10/10 from.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Infinitum posted:

You do know that famitsu gets paid off right

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

A tech thing:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-new-performance-mode-boosts-handheld-switch-clocks-by-25-per-cent

Note that it refers to a performance mode selectable by devs for their game, not something the player toggles between.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

What game is that from?

Tomodachi

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Infinitum posted:

Why would their score matter?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Infinitum posted:

If you're travelling a lot with the Switch I think it makes sense to have one.

If it's primarily going to be sitting around your house, I wouldn't bother.

Still curious about the Hori > Nintendo thing tho

conjecture counterpoint: I have not used a screen protector on any phone since Samsung's Omnia from 2008 (since it had a plastic screen) and have since used a Galaxy Nexus, HTC One M8, and now Nexus 6P without any issues. I also keep my phone in the same pocket as my keys and change, which is significantly more abuse than the Switch would ever be subjected to. Glass is harder than plastic and a screen protector is not going to do anything at all to protect a glass screen since anything that would damage it would also damage the plastic.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
I have the $10 Hori one coming from Amazon. I suspect that I'll put it on, hate it, and take it off.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'll do nothing until a glass protector comes out and then probably still nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Glass protectors are the only ones worth using

• Locked thread