Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I had the $20 Hori preordered, then I saw that the guys who made the glass cover for my iphone are releasing a glass cover for the switch. I can't overstate how pleased I was with that one (no bubbles, insanely easy application), so I cancelled the Hori and went for the glass one.

It's this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Swi...ds=glass+switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

PerrineClostermann posted:

Screen protectors aren't worth using

Ftfy, you're welcome

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

BreakAtmo posted:

A tech thing:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-new-performance-mode-boosts-handheld-switch-clocks-by-25-per-cent

Note that it refers to a performance mode selectable by devs for their game, not something the player toggles between.
"Switch is held together by screws"

Sold!

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Soul Glo posted:

Ftfy, you're welcome

But you ruined it

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.bigben-interactive.co.uk/bigben-products/gaming-accessories/tempered-glass-screen-protector-film-nintendo-switch

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I wonder what homebrew overclocking could mean for Zelda :nyoron:

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
The only relevant poo poo post

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPMBibfgYiQ

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I'm a poor who blew all her money on the Switch plus Zelda and is banking on the fact she's had her phone without a screen protector for three years without it shattering or scratching and I drop it way more than my 3DS or Wii U tablet.

Also my first game is physical, so I can hold off on the SD card for now.

What I'm saying is, my preorder list is

+Switch
+Zelda

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

hopeandjoy posted:

I'm a poor who blew all her money on the Switch plus Zelda and is banking on the fact she's had her phone without a screen protector for three years without it shattering or scratching and I drop it way more than my 3DS or Wii U tablet.

+Switch
+Zelda

A fine start

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I rarely drop my things and when I tend to I can get my foot under it to take the brunt of it, so screen protectors = nah.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

famitsu is more blatantly paid off than most american magazines

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Infinitum posted:

But yo Snipperclips being confirmed for 3/3 D1 worldwide is a nice feather in the cap for the Switch launch.

If you can't afford 1-2-Switch, or don't want to at that price point, I think Snipperclips is going to be an excellent showcase game.

I think it'll be a better game, and have more lasting appeal frankly. Though I'm really waiting on the inevitable Warioware game to be the party game for the unit. A new Mario Party or Wario Ware would have been a real feather for them as a system seller that showed off all the various capabilities in fun ways that'll last in people's minds.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I plan to palm slam my switch onto some sand covered concrete.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

FireMrshlBill posted:

The only relevant poo poo post

gently caress you and your bidet

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I hate that commercial in the most irrational way. Maybe it's the dude's exposed thighs. Nobody wants to see that. Or maybe it's the fact that it's a loving picture of a dude taking a poo poo.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Do we have any idea when Stardew Valley is coming beyond "some time this year"? And is Snipperclips confirmed for NA release on Friday?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Nintendo Switch looks cool. I need to distract myself from the fact that Target won't get my neon to me until the 6th.

Amazon has Zelda arriving Friday.

The horror, the pain.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nephzinho posted:

Do we have any idea when Stardew Valley is coming beyond "some time this year"?

'Soon'

quote:

And is Snipperclips confirmed for NA release on Friday?

Yes.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Beastie posted:

Nintendo Switch looks cool. I need to distract myself from the fact that Target won't get my neon to me until the 6th.

The horror, the pain.

Why didn't you Switch™ to an Amazon order?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Wasn't able to get one. I'm just happy to have a preorder at all. They charged my card on Wednesday so I know it's coming.

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib

Beastie posted:

The horror, the pain.

I'm in the same boat. I keep having daydreams that I'll check the Target order and the delivery date will have changed. Not yet though...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

hopeandjoy posted:

+Switch
+Zelda

Same except I did buy a 128GB card because I don't intend to buy many physical games at all.
I'm gonna go *deep* in the VC once it is out.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Walmart says I'll have my switch on the 7th. It sucks that I won't have it on launch but I have the rest of my life to own it, so I'm not that torn up.

My Breath of the Wild preorder is from Amazon, so I'll get it on the 12th of Never.

TomVanDam
Apr 25, 2010
Saw that Amazon were still taking pro controller pre orders (in the U.K at least) so snagged one and a carry case. Haven't spent this much on accessories to play one game since steel battalion.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Bean posted:

Walmart says I'll have my switch on the 7th. It sucks that I won't have it on launch but I have the rest of my life to own it, so I'm not that torn up.

My Breath of the Wild preorder is from Amazon, so I'll get it on the 12th of Never.

Is there a problem with Amazon besides the previous mass cancellations of the Master editions?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

dragon enthusiast posted:

gently caress you and your bidet

I wish I had a bidet, I always feel fresher when in europe. Maybe I should put one of those Japanese all-in-one toilets on my Switch pre-order list

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Not a Children posted:

I had the $20 Hori preordered, then I saw that the guys who made the glass cover for my iphone are releasing a glass cover for the switch. I can't overstate how pleased I was with that one (no bubbles, insanely easy application), so I cancelled the Hori and went for the glass one.

It's this one:

I also have this ordered but its doesn't appear they're going to hit the release date so I also preordered a HORI for the days until glass arrives. Not taking any chances on this thing.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

enojy posted:

Or maybe it's the fact that it's a loving picture of a dude taking a poo poo.

You don't know that. I plan on peeing while sitting down from here on out so I can Switch piss and Switch poo poo.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

pentyne posted:

Is there a problem with Amazon besides the previous mass cancellations of the Master editions?

No matter which online retailer you can preorder from, there's always plenty of people with some complaint about them

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Not a Children posted:

It's this one:

Cancelling my other screen protector and getting this instead

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

hopeandjoy posted:

+Switch
+Zelda

Don't blow it, keep it simple, count your money...

Respect

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

2 and a half hours with gamestop 1 hour and a half of which was them putting me on hold and then hanging up on me midway through being on hold. they said they woudl not re-open my order, because of a fuckup on payment on thier end.

I think im done buying anything from gamestop ever again.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tengames posted:

2 and a half hours with gamestop 1 hour and a half of which was them putting me on hold and then hanging up on me midway through being on hold. they said they woudl not re-open my order, because of a fuckup on payment on thier end.

I think im done buying anything from gamestop ever again.

So a fuckup on payment on THEIR end and they cancel your preorder?

Take it to twitter or find the PR guy, that's hosed.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Endorph posted:

famitsu is more blatantly paid off than most american magazines

:thejoke:

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Did they acknowledge that the fuckup was their fault? "We hosed up but too bad?"

EDIT:

Infinitum posted:

So a fuckup on payment on THEIR end and they cancel your preorder?

Take it to twitter or find the PR guy, that's hosed.
If you do take it to twitter, let me know so I can RT.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
EDIT: hosed up. Duplicate :/

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

lol if you didn't run right out to your local GameStop the morning after the press conference and snag the last neon Switch.

Why yes, I am easily susceptible to video game marketing, why do you ask?

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
I am stoked for the Switch and the new Switch thread as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
*videogames walks into the thread* what the heck is this doing here?!?!,!,

• Locked thread