Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
So is the 40 hour battery life on the Pro Controller for real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

jivjov posted:

If I wander into a Walmart at about 5:30 am tomorrow, how likely is it that I'd be able to buy a Switch?
As a paid Nintendo shill do you not get one for free??

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Today I bought my first Amiibo. It's Mr. Resetti, the rear end in a top hat mole from Animal Crossing; a game I have not played in years.
But it was 4 bucks and he's delightfully stern.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jarogue posted:

Yes

Good

Why

What the hell, I barely ordered the Breath of the Wild amiibo yesterday and all of these are coming tomorrow.

It's Amazon punishing you for ordering shovelware

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

irlZaphod posted:

I don't get paid to love Nintendo.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Just got an email saying that my order of Bomberman was being prepared.

I don't remember Pre-ordering Bomberman but apparently I did??

The shop are charging the same amount as for BOTW though (€64.99), I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be cheaper. Oh well, I just won't buy it. If I want it I might just grab it on the eShop.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I'm not gonna lie I thought about cancelling my pre-order at least 20 times but I'm so loving hype to play some Zelda tomorrow, I don't care it's gonna be worth it.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
So if you buy Shovel Knight Treasure Trove, which is the base game plus the additional canpaign(s), do you get Torment for free or do I have that wrong?

I had read the additional campaigns were free dlc, but I haven't really kept up with it so I'm kind of confused.

Thinking I'll get I am Setsuna and SKTT off the eShop tomorrow night.

So bummed I couldn't get tomorrow off work. Gonna be like 10pm til I get to unbox everything.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

irlZaphod posted:

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Soul Glo posted:

So if you buy Shovel Knight Treasure Trove, which is the base game plus the additional canpaign(s), do you get Torment for free or do I have that wrong?

I had read the additional campaigns were free dlc, but I haven't really kept up with it so I'm kind of confused.

Thinking I'll get I am Setsuna and SKTT off the eShop tomorrow night.

So bummed I couldn't get tomorrow off work. Gonna be like 10pm til I get to unbox everything.

you will get Torment

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Soul Glo posted:

For anyone who had purchased Shovel Knight prior to the Spectre of Torment DLC, the additional campaigns are free. Going forward the campaigns are available separately, and Treasure Trove is the way to get them all at once.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
My nintendo has not yet shipped. Piss!!!!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

My switch is literally in my city and has been shipped but won't arrive til tomorrow

Curses

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/837358923355156481

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Jimmy Hats posted:

My nintendo has not yet shipped. Piss!!!!

I thought you were going into Walmart to elbowdrop grannies. Was that all a goddamn lie?! You phony!!!!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wait what? I thought you had to have different accounts or has that changed where you can just swap eShops? If so, then that's awesome.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Wendell posted:

I thought you were going into Walmart to elbowdrop grannies. Was that all a goddamn lie?! You phony!!!!

He's doing both, he's going to get two Switches so he can play Bomberman against himself

False Toaster
Dec 29, 2006

Stupidity, its both physically and mentally painful.
Let me pickup my poo poo Best Buy. Apparently they're prepping orders before story openings. Anyone know if they'll have accessories available upon pickup that aren't available on the site? Aside from people that did pickups? Looking to grab some neon Joy Cons and hopefully a pro controller.

Also FYI Walmart has BoTW Special Editions available right now if you don't mind waiting until early next week. https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-Special-Edition-Nintendo-Switch/55432569

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Guys update here, the Nintendo switch still doesn't have Crackle

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Is this based on your Nintendo account or your Nintendo Network account? I'm still not even clear on what the difference is or why Nintendo makes me log in to two accounts.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

s.i.r.e. posted:

Wait what? I thought you had to have different accounts or has that changed where you can just swap eShops? If so, then that's awesome.

The article that tweet links states that you have to swap accounts, but you can have multiple accounts from different regions on the same system so it's still pretty easy.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

IT'S SHIPPING.
It's like less than 30 miles away. It's there.
I can smell it.

AUGH

Be sure to have your Nintendo ID and password memorized.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

grand theft grotto posted:

The article that tweet links states that you have to swap accounts, but you can have multiple accounts from different regions on the same system so it's still pretty easy.

I didn't even notice the link to the article, but that's more annoying than it should be. Do you have to be in said account to access the content of it?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
All Amazon orders (Switch, 1 2 switch, screen protector, etc.) are preparing for shipment. My Best Buy Pro Controllers and Amiibos shipped yesterday. Still waiting for my Gamestop Switch and Zelda SE to ship. My PDP Zelda earbuds shipped yesterday

May not have to go to Walmart tonight

Looks like Best Buy is giving out BOTW posters with the purchase of any Switch product, I wonder if that is for in-store at midnight only or if online orders will have one in the box? Otherwise, I may have to hit up Best Buy at midnight, haha

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 2, 2017

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I got my Special Edition Zelda game today. The box is loving gigantic. I had no idea. It's 14" long and wide as well (penis joke here)

Also Best Buy packed it like absolute poo poo and the box is in pretty lovely condition. Might return it. I'll see.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Shout out to whichever Amazon employee or glitch got me a switch a day early

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Nintendo Switch cancelled because it wasn't good enough.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I got my Special Edition Zelda game today. The box is loving gigantic. I had no idea. It's 14" long and wide as well (penis joke here)

Also Best Buy packed it like absolute poo poo and the box is in pretty lovely condition. Might return it. I'll see.

Now I'm going to spend the next day worrying about my master sword statue coming intact.

False Toaster
Dec 29, 2006

Stupidity, its both physically and mentally painful.

FireMrshlBill posted:

Looks like Best Buy is giving out BOTW posters with the purchase of any Switch product, I wonder if that is for in-store at midnight only or if online orders will have one in the box? Otherwise, I may have to hit up Best Buy at midnight, haha

It's for instore pickups on midnight.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
If I manage to get a Special Edition BotW, I'm going to throw the box away. It's just a box.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I GOT A SHIPPING CONFIRMATION FOR BREATH OF THE WILD

Still no word on the Switch itself, but at least I'll have a game for it now

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I GOT A SHIPPING CONFIRMATION FOR BREATH OF THE WILD

Still no word on the Switch itself, but at least I'll have a game for it now

Lick it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I am seriously considering going to my gamestop after work and just haranguing the clerks until they give me my switch and zelda

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Just got the confirmation, Switch has shipped. It is coming. So am I.

Fret not, Best Buy people. Your time is coming.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
all these 10/10's for zelda..jesus..gently caress you ebgames for not doing midnight releases in my area.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Mahoning posted:

Just got the confirmation, Switch has shipped. It is coming. So am I.

Fret not, Best Buy people. Your time is coming.

Best Buy shipping notification made my Thursday very special. Now just need Amazon to ship my BOTW so I don't receive the Switch with no Zelda :p

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Cicero posted:

Is the eShop up yet? In Germany and at work, Amazon says they delivered it at home but I'm going digital so no eShop means I can't actually play anything.

You can prepare your Switch for all these digital games you'll get - and man, what games - but the eshop has no releases listed for today and is thus empty.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

False Toaster posted:

It's for instore pickups on midnight.

drat, really want one but the Best Buy closest to me didn't show up on the gaming event page for midnight release. Not sure if it is worth driving another 20 minutes to hopefully be able to get one... oh well

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Gotta get that Anime Tetris and FAST RMX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Healbot posted:

You can prepare your Switch for all these digital games you'll get - and man, what games - but the eshop has no releases listed for today and is thus empty.

Look at this Switch haver, loving rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread