Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Nice Matthewtheman-style heel turn OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Wormskull posted:

What the gently caress.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Catberry posted:

Help me out imps.

what you're looking for is a counselor in-network

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
No justice like imp justice :smith:

Edit:

Catberry fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Mar 12, 2017

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Catberry posted:

I'm starting with final fantasy 7 on PC. It has a lot of interesting mods.

They replaced Sids cigarette with a toothpick in other media. I hope he gets it back in the new version.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

u little perv. theyd put you in jail back in the 50s

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

I.N.R.I posted:

u little perv. theyd put you in jail back in the 50s

I've served time now. Failure to live up to the posting standards as set forth by the Imp Zone charter.

Apparently while fixing a lot of translation errors they also gave some characters their proper names but I can't accept new names.

I always wondered about his legs.

Catberry fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Mar 12, 2017

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Crimson Harvest posted:

Not gonna recommend stuff you can emulate cause you probably already know all about it.

So what's left are primarily western dungeon crawlers, because that's what was mostly being made during the same era as the best JRPGs.

Wizardry 7 is probably the best of these, but if you're a badass you can start a party in Wizardry 6 and export it to the next 2 games. It's a first person gridder or blobber and is my favorite in the series.

In a similar vein you have the somewhat older Eye of the Beholder games if you can tolerate AD&D 2nd Edition rules.

Avernum: Escape from the Pit by Spiderweb Software is a remake of Avernum which is a remake of Exile: Escape from the Pit. The first game in a long series, this is a top-down party based thing with heavily tactical, turn-based combat.

Fallout 1 and 2 are definitely classics and this is about the time period people stopped making big productions along these lines. Fallout 1 has a better story and world but Fallout 2 fixes a lot of bugs and interface problems so I prefer it.

If you want to get really into old PC RPGs try out Ultima 5, 6, or 7. Ultima 7's interface and combat are wildly different from the older ones but it's quite a lot newer than the rest, so it might be easier to actually play.

After having written all this, I am pretty sure you can get all these games on GoG, which you should.

ultima 7 isnt turn based. bye

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Catberry posted:

I'm starting with final fantasy 7 on PC. It has a lot of interesting mods.

They replaced Sids cigarette with a toothpick in other media. I hope he gets it back in the new version.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dafuq is this.|

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Catberry posted:

I've served time now. Failure to live up to the posting standards as set forth by the Imp Zone charter.

Apparently while fixing a lot of translation errors they also gave some characters their proper names but I can't accept new names.

This mod is for closeted homosexuals.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Catberry posted:

This is a war crime

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Help me out imps.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

elf help book posted:

Help me out imps.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

elf help book posted:

Help me out imps.

Sorry but I can't cast imp while imped. hosed up but true.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

Help me out imps.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

elf help book posted:

Help me out imps.

Ok: you are gay.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

Ok: you are gay.

lmfao

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

This is a war crime

Where can I get that cool metroid icon?

Or even better! Sonic the Hedgehog.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Catberry posted:

Where can I get that cool metroid icon?

Or even better! Sonic the Hedgehog.

stop committing posting atrocities for starters

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
Teach me Imp Zone. Instruct me in the ways of goodposting.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Catberry posted:

step one, dont post like that

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Listen dude. No one wants to, or probably even can directly, teach you how to not suck dick.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Listen dude. No one wants to, or probably even can directly, teach you how to not suck dick.
watching your mum at it is a good start though

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Catberry posted:

Lurk until you fully understand what a good post is, unless your some sick freak who likes getting flamed and clowned on like resident small man Little Garry Parrish, in which case just keep doing what your doing buddy.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Help me out imps. I need some classic burn-based senior regs to teach me how to be interesting online

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

doughvakiin posted:

Lurk until you fully understand what a good post is, unless your some sick freak who likes getting flamed and clowned on like resident small man Little Garry Parrish, in which case just keep doing what your doing buddy.

Sounds like effort. What about just a plain below average poster?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

doughvakiin posted:

Help me out imps. I need some classic burn-based senior regs to teach me how to be interesting online

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Catberry posted:

how about youj ust make like a tree and get out of here

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Catberry posted:

Listen, I might be able to get you an 'in'.. Just empty quote all of my jokes from now on and when I feel like your ready I'll see what I can do

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

doughvakiin posted:

Listen, I might be able to get you an 'in'.. Just empty quote all of my jokes from now on and when I feel like your ready I'll see what I can do

If everyone empty quotes all my posts a lot that would make me feel really good. Just saying.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Ragg posted:

If everyone empty quotes all my posts a lot that would make me feel really good. Just saying.

Um, duh. Why do you think I'm getting this weird n00b to quote all my poo poo? My dopamine receptors are about to be popping the f*ck off

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

No one wants to see a lack of confidence above all. Being a little punk rear end will ruin your posts no matter what.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Be you and do it like you believe it. And never ask or express again about if your good or not or whatever, or I will get my connections to make your life a living hell in this forum. Take your whipping and just be better.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Wormskull posted:

No one wants to see a lack of confidence above all. Being a little punk rear end will ruin your posts no matter what.

:hai: Let's just say if you post like your a little scaredy cat baby all the time and say stuff like 'I may be AIDS, but' and 'Sounds like effort. What about just a plain below average poster?' -- you are going to without delay get domed with a silenced USP full stop.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

doughvakiin posted:

:hai: Let's just say if you post like your a little scaredy cat baby all the time and say stuff like 'I may be AIDS, but' and 'Sounds like effort. What about just a plain below average poster?' -- you are going to without delay get domed with a silenced USP full stop.

*domes you with a silenced USP lol*

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

*domes you with a silenced USP lol*

*deftly side steps the round, sighs, and Mozambiques the ever loving christ out of you with the glock pulled from a stealth holster in my boot* Nice try... lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Catberry posted:

you should suck, gently caress, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

empty quoting funny posts is a good thing, also show no weakness

if rediscover tells you to suck his dick tell him that bestiality is illegal in your county

• Locked thread