Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

WampaLord posted:

Holy gently caress this is some alarming loving logic here. "Eh, gently caress it, some innocent people get executed, gotta break some eggs to make that justice omelet!"

How about we just don't execute people?

Because getting a life sentence while innocent in the lovely US Prison system is loving great too. Is it unreasonable to want extensive prison reform that greatly reduces the prison population, length of sentences, along with overall much more humane treatment and rehabilitation, while still wishing to see the Timothy McVeighs of the world get their proper comeuppance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

WampaLord posted:

Yea but at least we didn't kill them. Also there exists the possibility the mistake will be corrected and they can be released.

No backsies after you fire up Ol' Sparky.

Seems like instituting higher standards of evidence could help as well. I'm unsure what it takes these days, but something as simple as requiring some form of physical evidence: DNA, film, etc as a prerequisite to receive a death penalty would be a good step. Anything that goes on eye-witness testimony alone should not be enough.

Peachfart posted:

Yes. Killing is wrong.

Why?

• Locked thread