Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
What? That's not the Golden Rule. Do phil 101 again. And anyway, we don't go by the Golden Rule anymore. Do a phil 201 class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

bitterandtwisted posted:

Having no death penalty is just as unfeasible as having no taxes. I mean can you name a country with no death penalty? Didn't think so.

We just do it without the messy business of a trial down here. And gut services to Aboriginal communities.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

murphyslaw posted:

We in frozen Scandinavia land just tie people to trees until they die. Very cheap!

I thought you Viking types nailed their guts to a tree and made them walk around it until they disemboweled themselves. Don't tell me it's another myth.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Brainiac Five posted:

Hakimashou is deliberately mixing up the concept of responsibility and the concept of forethought and intent, calling them all "guilt" in order to play rhetorical tricks.

No, I think he's one of those people who thinks that words mean exactly what he wants them to mean and we should all just get on his wavelength. I'm trying really hard to avoid using the word 'schizophrenia' here. I really am.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

That's not what he said.

• Locked thread