Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just finished the first season of this. Despite having some major things spoiled for me before I watched it, it was still amazing. Going to start the second season later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Partway through season two now. Can someone please explain to me the jokes/punchlines of Inokori? I get the story as a whole, but "makes his living by staying behind" seems like something's been lost in translation, and "it's because you're such a pro" being given as the reason the guy was fooled is also a bit odd. Both sound like they could be wordplay that doesn't translate well, or the translators not getting something. A few other stories have had punchlines that felt like the joke didn't translate, but Inokori's the most notable one for me, and it's also such a big one narrative-wise so it's especially vexing not getting it.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dogsicle posted:

isn't that the one where he mooches off of them while ostensibly paying back debt? i took the period of time where he stays there helping and eventually being shoved out with cash as "making his living"

Yeah, it's that one. The guy takes his friends' debt onto himself after a huge party, then mooches and exploits the customers and whatnot until they ask him to leave, at which point he claims to be a wanted criminal and his travel expenses keep him from leaving so they pay him to go away. I get the overall idea, but those two phrases are odd and seem like they could be puns or something that didn't survive translation, hence my asking.

• Locked thread