Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's always been great, but season 2 has in the last handful episodes come into its own in a way that is almost frightening. It's going to be a real interesting at the end of the year to see whether I pick it or March comes in like a lion for my #1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I feel like Yotaro's relationship with everyone, Yakumo especially, has been the most engrossing part of the story thus far for me and the primary reason why I'm getting so into season 2.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

The_White_Crane posted:

The reveal of what really happened when Sukeroku died was one of the most utterly unexpected scenes I've seen in an anime in years.
This was probably the moment where everything about S2 (and really S1 in retrospection) clicked for me. So great.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Everyone is so happy :unsmith:

Oh no, everyone is so happy :ohdear:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The cut to what I presume are manga panels during Yakumo's performance was stylistically super cool and especially emotionally resonant.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
And that's a wrap. That is one cool family. So the implication is that Yakumo was Shinnosuke's biological father??

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The second season was really special. Yotaro is understandably absent for most of the first season and he provides an emotional core to the overall story that really brings it all together. And for a change we got an ending that delivered on just about every possible front. Not to disparage the first season at all of course, since in the end it's all one giant narrative that works best when taken as a whole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The director's cut of episode 1 (not available on crunchyroll) is really great, and maybe I'm not able to remember the original all that well but like 90% of it seemed new to me.

• Locked thread