Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I'm new to the game and in the early-mid game and need some advice on heat. I've got an aquatuner cooling various parts of my base that's sitting in a mixed pool of otherwise unused liquids. I don't have the tech for steam generators yet (map has 0 wheezleworts, somehow, so radiation has been in short supply), so I'm thinking I need to bank the heat in stone somehow. What's a good setup for this, considering I'm somewhat limited on tech and metal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Panty Saluter posted:

you could throw a bunch of igneous rock tempshift plates in the steamroom. what sort of liquids do you have the AT in? what's the AT made out of?

It's a mix of polluted water and salt water and brine. I think the aquatuner is gold amalgam but I think I have enough steel if that's an option.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Not everything, though. I tried deconstructing some plastic ladders I found and you don't get that back, it just removed the building.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Did you deconstruct it, or demolish it? Demolishing stuff (i.e. that needs the skill at the end of the builder line) the game put in doesn't return anything.

I use the X key, dunno which that is

\/ that must be what it was

Clanpot Shake fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 26, 2022

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

So I just made it out into space and built some solar panels. Things were great until the heat I forgot about built up and broke all the batteries. After great effort I set up a crude oil cooling loop going through the battery bank, but it looks like it isn't working at all. The oil in the pipes barely changes temp, and the batteries are only increasing in temperature despite the pipe behind them having subzero oil. What am I doing wrong? This works inside my base.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Truga posted:

also, i saw someone do this lmfao

they melted the rocket wall and then built out the entire thing

As someone just dipping their toes into the rocket part of the game, this is incredible

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I think I've arrived at the end game. After many aborted starts and collapsed bases I finally built a space faring colony. I've got a petroleum rocket with a second on the way and I've scoped out the nearest planets and points of interest. It's been in space long enough to make more data banks than I'll ever need. When this second drill-cone rocket gets built I'll start mining advanced materials. Not that I really know what to do with them.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

How do y'all handle shipping things between input producers and consumers? The conveyor rails get really expensive to run a dedicated line for each thing. I've experimented with a central shipping area but I never got a handle on storage overall for it to really work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Moon Slayer posted:

Also is the "Long Commutes" warning something to just learn to live with as a consequence of not making ultra-optimized bases?
There's a mod to remove it because it's impossible to not have long commutes