Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frequent Handies
Nov 26, 2006

:yum:

Akratic Method posted:

The algae distiller doesn't have any output to signal "I need input" and an auto-sweeper doesn't seem to want to take anything out of storage, only put it in. I don't want to make the belt the belt run on a timer because a) I don't feel like calculating the amount of slime packets I should let through in a day and b) I'm pretty sure it off-gasses while on the belts. I don't want to just leave it in debris form in the water because sometimes it sidetracks dupes who think it needs to go into a storage unit somewhere.

You need to have your storage units have a lesser priority than the thing you want stuff swept into. If your distiller is 5 and your storage is 6, it will always prioritize the storage. Setting storage to 4 will have the sweeper move from storage to distiller.

Sounds like your belt is a one item only line, which is fine, but to give a bit of an idea I have a chamber all of my eggs are dumped into - the belt feeding it currently has four loaders that feed various things critters eat (like igneous rock for stone hatches) that I don't want to have clogged with one item continuously, as well as a fifth loader that takes eggs dropped off from ranches.

These four conveyers each first run into a meter set to 250 units, and the reset is hooked up to a cycle timer that turns green briefly once a day to allow 250 of each to hit the line. The fifth just sends as eggs are available.

When this belt reaches the chamber, it ends in a receptacle set to priority 1. The critter feeders for each of the four types are set to priority 3. There are four storage bins set to priority 2 that each take a type. When the 1000 units come down the line the sweeper first fills the feeders, and if those are full, fills the bins. If the feeders are empty and the bins have anything, it pulls from the bins. This keeps the line from being clogged and allows eggs to come through to the receptacle continuously. To complete the description the eggs go into a separate loader set to priority 9 and immediately drops into the chamber from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU