Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I picked up the base game on a sale a while back and am finally jumping in after watching some guides on YouTube. I don't really have anything new to add other than to ask is there a point where I will start making bases that aren't ugly as poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I suppose I should clarify when I say "ugly as poo poo" what I mean is "extremely poorly optimized death traps filling up with pollution and co2."

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Here's where I've gotten to so far:

Anything immediate that needs to be addressed? I guess the next thing I need to do is getting the plumbing system going but that's a bit intimidating. Also is the "Long Commutes" warning something to just learn to live with as a consequence of not making ultra-optimized bases?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Good advice, thanks.

E: getting rid of two oxygen diffusers gives me an "insufficient oxygen generation" warning, should I not worry about that?

Moon Slayer fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Mar 8, 2024

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

So what's the solution for keeping the base cool? The guides I've watched haven't gotten to that part yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I appear to have significantly underestimated the amount of natural gas a flatulent dupe will put into the air.