Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
I picked this up over the weekend and definitely don't regret it. After about 200 cycles I finally got a base nearly self sustaining, minus having to occasionally open the airlock I put on a steam geyser to replenish my water supply. A natural gas geyser and a few sleet wheat farm tiles pretty much put an end to all of your resource constraints, though. Also microbe musher is a trap, the power cost is way too​ high for the early game and your dudes end up spending too much time running around for water... although that may be a side effect of my always choosing criers and just ignoring stress levels entirely.

Guess I should start paying more attention to materials too. I tried to make an AC system for a farm expansion, but only managed to lower the temps by about 15 degrees while the rest of my base turned into an oven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU