Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

This game is basically what Space Base DF-9 should have been. One day I'll build a base where my dupes breathe only contaminated oxygen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Materials have hardness and temperature transference stats that determine how they react to pressure and how well they retain heat. If you build your walls out of a tough material you won't need thicker layers and I'm sure you can calculate the max pressure a natural gas vent can generate inside a space before it stops outputting and adjust your wall thickness accordingly (I think gas vents will defeat a 3 thick sandstone wall). The main problem with gas chambers is that the gas pressure will beat out your doors and eventually leak out.

I saw a video where a guy built lights inside his growth chambers from a material with a high heat transference and they ended up being way more efficient than space heaters.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Consider isolating your grid into smaller segments so you won't need the heavy watt wires. Instead of running all your transformers into a single line, do one line per transformer.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

This game is really cool and I havent touched it since the beginning of early access so there's so many things to try and explore. I've done a few restarts on the forest asteroid, I really like using pips to create wild areas and I try to grow organically and keep big chunks of wilderness inbetween my expansion points. I've taken to growing mealwood in farms for food, and planting all the oxyferns in my Co2 pits since they're 4x as efficient if grown in a farm tile. It doesn't seem viable to grow arbor tree's for wood in the long run though, so wild ranches for my pips just don't seem great besides making me feel good about it. I need a lot of wood to make power early.

Edit: Is there a way to create more oxyferns than is on the map at game start? They don't get harvested so there's no chance of extra seeds from that.

Demiurge4 fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Aug 17, 2019