Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

"... call the expert at kissing and stuff..."
There's a lot of awful issues with the UI, I feel, and it's something that I find pretty frustrating. I have a lot of hours in the game, and I stll think it's great, but I really wish they'd rework a lot of the UI.

There's tiny scrollable panels that list the dupes in no useful order. You can click to sort them, but it doesn't retain the sort when closed. Some of these panels let you double-click to jump to a dupe, but most don't.

You can't easily find out which dupes are the crew for a given rocket - it's just a list of checkboxes, usually pretty long once you've been in space for ages and have 30 dupes. It's very easy to miss a check and leave too many dupes in a crew so they suffocate or starve once they're out there.

The Comestibles panel is a UI nightmare, scrolling weirdly in two dimensions.

Panels need to be resizeable. Many panels block other panels when they're open.

Often the scrolling just breaks, too.

Some building settings (e.g. filter limits) can be copied to other instances of the building. Some (e.g. Triage Cot %) cannot.

Default building materials seem to always be the worst choice, somehow. Far too much valuable steel, thermium, tungsten, etc gets used unnecessarily on unimportant buildings unless you continuously check what's active.

I know there's mods that help to fix some of the above, but those break or stop being maintained, and they're hard to find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU