Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Business Gorillas posted:

got some bad news for you

That's what I figured but the Arch-Warlock seems like a modern sculpt and fits in with a currently supported army but v0v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Black_Nexus posted:

rotbringers

Hi guys, thanks for inviting me, hey look I brought some rot

got some rot here I brought for you

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
that's good because once again boris todbringer brought his jackass friend tod

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

mango sentinel posted:

Anyone know how often "temporarily out of stock" webstore stuff gets restocked?

I've got some Skaven dudes I want to buy.

About a fortnight or so. What did you have your mind on?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

SteelMentor posted:

About a fortnight or so. What did you have your mind on?

An Arch Warlock and Jezzails, though I don't expect Jezzails to show back up. TBH I hate the way Jezzails look and think they cost too much so I may try baby's first kitbash to get those.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Business Gorillas posted:

got some bad news for you

So the FW daemon prince of nurgle is never coming back?

Injuryprone fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 13, 2017

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You could try eBay, someone might have spare jezzails they wouldn't mind letting go of

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Xarbala posted:

You could try eBay, someone might have spare jezzails they wouldn't mind letting go of

Yes, eBay is a (:china:) great option.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Injuryprone posted:

So the FW daemon prince of nurgle is never coming back?

With FW it's a bit weird, as they'll slap the No Longer Available sticker onto products that are just getting a mould fixed or some new gating. They generally announce when they're discontinuing something nowerdays.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
drat the Arch Warlock is a character they've apparently properly discontinued (Ikit Claw) and I can only find it on one website for $60. :negative:

Only Jezzail listing I see on ebay is really old models, which are ugly and have their novelty, but look like good value even with shipping from Europe. Still think I want to try my hand and making better looking ones.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

mango sentinel posted:

drat the Arch Warlock is a character they've apparently properly discontinued (Ikit Claw) and I can only find it on one website for $60. :negative:

Only Jezzail listing I see on ebay is really old models, which are ugly and have their novelty, but look like good value even with shipping from Europe. Still think I want to try my hand and making better looking ones.

You mean this one?

'coz he's listed as being available on the English store, Jezzails to.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Yeah that guy.

Frustrating. They're both sold out in the US store and I can't add then switch regions to try and get around it.

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 13, 2017

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
is Jezzail like a Vagazzle?

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Its funny how jezzails have remained the biggest loving ripoff in the range for like 20 years at this point.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Just like Blood Knights.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Yeah Blood Knights were the worst and most obnoxious rip

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Yarr harr fiddle de de,

Being a Sky Dorf is alright with me,

https://www.facebook.com/WarhammerTVteam/videos/347176822343969/

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
heres some pretty cool concept art of the new age of slgmar dwarfs

original characters, do not steal!

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

I'm the drill-beak parrot robot thing on the front guy's shoulder.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I have nothing bad to say about these dwarves.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

heres some pretty cool concept art of the new age of slgmar dwarfs

original characters, do not steal!

or these dwarves.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
The new AoS dwarves look like overdesigned poo poo.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

mango sentinel posted:

I mean, I figured that's just par for the course.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
The Death thread is actually more positive about these than the AoS thread :irony:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I don't hate the normalish ones with guns

but the balloon dwarves are hilarious lol

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Hilarious and silly in a good way. There's always been a spot for kooky and over the topness in both Warhammer and 40K. The Night Goblins were always quite silly with their catapult launchers and squigs and whatnot. Plus they're nicely detailed models with a lot of love. It's up there with the Ironjaws in terms of being a great model range. So much better than the Fyreslayers.

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.

mango sentinel posted:

Oh good, people in the death thread were defending them, I was worried I was the only one who still thought these were bad.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Bad Decision Dino posted:

Oh good, people in the death thread were defending them, I was worried I was the only one who still thought these were bad.

It can be both. Sure they're overly designed with a bunch of bits and bobs that are going to make them a massive pain in the rear end to paint in numbers, but they do also have a bit of charm to them that other AoS models lack. Even though they're all wearing masks, the masks are individualized rather than just being the same bland expression again and again.

I'm going to say that if these were models for a brand new game from a brand new company people would be saying, "Wow these are pretty cool (for a company with no past experience)!" But given that they carry a ton of baggage from GW and Warhammer Fantasy and AoS, it's easy to not be impressed by them.

For myself, I'm going to say they're just OK but hardly the worst things GW has done. I'd never spend money on them though.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I'd give them a solid 5/10 and a skeletal thumbs up

not bad

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Those dwarves look cool and good. If I wasn't so dead set on my haunted forest themed tree people army I would definitely hold off and pick them up for my first AOS army instead.

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008
The Squats got unsquatted! And then re-squatted because its AoS and now every dwarf gets to hang from a large ball like a dingleberry.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

I'd give them a solid 5/10 and a skeletal thumbs up

not bad

The world is ending.

Moola, would you... *gulp* ...give GW money for them?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Me, a person who likes a sigmarines: these are bad

Moola, a skeleton who hates modern GW: not bad

:psyduck:

I wonder how a Stormcast would look with one of those dorf heads...

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

TKIY posted:

The world is ending.

Moola, would you... *gulp* ...give GW money for them?

AoS is an awful piece of poo poo both on gameplay and lore levels

I'd rather watch paint dry than try to play it again, nobody should play this rear end piece of crap game

I would maybe buy one of those dorks off ebay for another game or something though

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
Getting a Wild Wild West vibe off that floaty top hat dwarf, which I kinda dig. Its absolutely ridiculous, in a charming way.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I should add the Moola skull on this but too late

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
the balloons themselves suck though :/

they look like huge helmets or something

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
My issue with the balloons is that they convey very pastoral and slow movement. They are as threatening as Baron Harkonnen when be floats and bounces around, not very.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

mango sentinel posted:

Me, a person who likes a sigmarines:

youre a sicko

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
I really want a Man-Eater wearing dumb steampunk dorf armor now. Bonus points if it has an ogre sized beardgun mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Bombogenesis posted:

I really want a Man-Eater wearing dumb steampunk dorf armor now. Bonus points if it has an ogre sized beardgun mask.

And like three of those balloon pack things to keep him in the air.

• Locked thread