Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

V lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

heres some pretty cool concept art of the new age of slgmar dwarfs

original characters, do not steal!

Ka-boom, laddie.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Kababoom Overheads update:

In the second pic you can see some of the design work, they were designed by John Blanche.

TKIY fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Mar 17, 2017

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Nope, no thank you.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Just sounds like the standard chapter tactic-y rules tbh.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
im the MS paint artwork

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I would paint mine purple so I hope the rules make them extra sexy and strong, like this dorf

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

SteelMentor posted:

Just sounds like the standard chapter tactic-y rules tbh.

Do 40k rules actually require your Blood Angels to be painted red if you want to use their rules?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
No, you just need to declare that you're using whatever chapter tactics you're using before the game and have a legal army if it has any restrictions.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
All of my dwarfs are purple except for the especially sexy ones which are orange.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I love it. GW incentivizes buying their insanely priced gold paint by giving units bonuses for being painted with more gold

Sanglorian
Apr 13, 2013

Games, games, games

I like that the dwarf ballooners have lead balloons - that they're deliberately something that feels so heavy and ponderous. But I wish they'd leaned into it, and made that airship's balloons a giant anvil.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Atlas Hugged posted:

All of my dwarfs are purple except for the especially sexy ones which are orange.

I had the wrong color scheme this entire time? :negative:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
How do Stormcast look on 32mm bases? I want to put some chaos warrior heads and weapons on them.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Like Marines on 28mm, they just don't quite fit if they're in the usual wide-stance.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

SteelMentor posted:

Like Marines on 28mm, they just don't quite fit if they're in the usual wide-stance.

That was my best case scenario so I can live with it. Slambo needs some non-rats to hang out with him.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Bad Decision Dino posted:

Oh good, people in the death thread were defending them, I was worried I was the only one who still thought these were bad.

b...but they have a :siren: TOP HAT :siren:

*squees*

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I like the basic troops and think they'd make a good Frostgrave or Mordheim style force. They also look like they'd paint up nice.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Business Gorillas posted:

b...but they have a :siren: TOP HAT :siren:

*squees*
I didn't even notice the top hat on that dwarf until it was pointed out. I have a really hard time identifying features on a lot of recent GW sculpts.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Thundercloud posted:

I like the basic troops and think they'd make a good Frostgrave or Mordheim style force. They also look like they'd paint up nice.

Yeah I can't say I am a huge fan of the big armored guys. I like the big flying boats, although I want to see them in person first.

But that unit of pirate dwarfs, oh yes I am all over that for modeling purposes!

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Does anyone make Dwarves in Empire clothes? I've realized that's what I really want out of dwarves.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Grab some Empire guys and give them the ol' Cotton Hill.

They stitched glued mah feet to mah knees!

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Are the Bloodbound guys any good? I was thinking about buying one of those cheap "babby's first model" kits to paint up for fun (and to potentially use for an rpg mini) and wanted to know what I was in for if I woke up one day with an army.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

SteelMentor posted:

Grab some Empire guys and give them the ol' Cotton Hill.

They stitched glued mah feet to mah knees!

Wears fancy hat

Twirls mustache

"I killed fitty men Orruks!"

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

LordAbaddon posted:

Are the Bloodbound guys any good? I was thinking about buying one of those cheap "babby's first model" kits to paint up for fun (and to potentially use for an rpg mini) and wanted to know what I was in for if I woke up one day with an army.

They are pretty good, they get a new book this month which will almost certainly increase their power or utility at least

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
How well are Slaves to Darkness supported? Obviously not as well as bloodmans, but just curious

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

mango sentinel posted:

Does anyone make Dwarves in Empire clothes? I've realized that's what I really want out of dwarves.
The White Knight dwarves are being sold by The Assault Group now, and they're pretty Empirey.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

mango sentinel posted:

How well are Slaves to Darkness supported? Obviously not as well as bloodmans, but just curious

Not at all really, and probably won't be. They new focus seems to be models with a particular flavor instead of undivided. They can devote themselves to any god though and gain all the appropriate buffs though so they work to fill out armies.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

That's totally a elf.

No other faction has arms that twiggy.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
I'm going to jump in to the deep end and say that I like Age of Sigmar quite a lot. A big part of this likely comes from the fact that I don't play competitive as I don't find it fun and just play games at my local store for fun. I know that at my local store we now have a lot of Age of Sigmar players when back in the old WHFB days we only had a small select few playing with their usually over powered lists while us casuals were driven out. That's not to say AoS doesn't have problems as it does but in my opinion it is still more fun than WHFB.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

koolkevz666 posted:

I'm going to jump in to the deep end and say that I like Age of Sigmar quite a lot. A big part of this likely comes from the fact that I don't play competitive as I don't find it fun and just play games at my local store for fun. I know that at my local store we now have a lot of Age of Sigmar players when back in the old WHFB days we only had a small select few playing with their usually over powered lists while us casuals were driven out. That's not to say AoS doesn't have problems as it does but in my opinion it is still more fun than WHFB.

Nothing wrong with enjoying a game. It's just a shame the people in your club went from WHFB to AoS and not to KoW. Better games are better for casual gaming.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Atlas Hugged posted:

Nothing wrong with enjoying a game. It's just a shame the people in your club went from WHFB to AoS and not to KoW. Better games are better for casual gaming.

It isn't a club unfortunately, we play at the local GW thus why we play GW games, there is a gaming club nearby but until recently work patterns and such meant I couldn't go so my only choice for war gaming was GW. Even then the games that I know people play are either GW ones, Malifaux and Warmachine plus a few others now and then.

Do we have a KoW thread as I hear it a lot but don't know anything about it.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

koolkevz666 posted:

It isn't a club unfortunately, we play at the local GW thus why we play GW games, there is a gaming club nearby but until recently work patterns and such meant I couldn't go so my only choice for war gaming was GW. Even then the games that I know people play are either GW ones, Malifaux and Warmachine plus a few others now and then.

Do we have a KoW thread as I hear it a lot but don't know anything about it.

This is the general Mantic thread. Discuss Kings of War or any of their other games here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3491381

There's also the old Warhammer Fantasy thread, where we talk about Kings of War: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3411068

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Atlas Hugged posted:

This is the general Mantic thread. Discuss Kings of War or any of their other games here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3491381

There's also the old Warhammer Fantasy thread, where we talk about Kings of War: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3411068

Thank you, appreciate the help.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Ghost Hand posted:

What happened to the old Age of Slgmar thread?

I got sick of the same 5 guys posting the same flamebait and closed it. Don't mind debates about the game, but I couldn't bother investing in the forum when the forum wasn't paying a return.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

GreenMarine posted:

I got sick of the same 5 guys posting the same flamebait and closed it. Don't mind debates about the game, but I couldn't bother investing in the forum when the forum wasn't paying a return.

You realized you closed it during honest discussion of game mechanics and right after someone went to the trouble of posting a battle report right? Like there were probably other times the thread was "worth" closing by your criteria, but at that moment it was super bizarre. Also you don't have to close the thread just because you're the OP. The thread could go on indefinitely without your participating if you weren't happy with it.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Atlas Hugged posted:

You realized you closed it during honest discussion of game mechanics and right after someone went to the trouble of posting a battle report right? Like there were probably other times the thread was "worth" closing by your criteria, but at that moment it was super bizarre. Also you don't have to close the thread just because you're the OP. The thread could go on indefinitely without your participating if you weren't happy with it.

That sucks and I apologize. I didn't want to cost anyone effort they were putting into the thread.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

He wound up having to post it in the death thread and it became a surprisingly in-depth look into the mechanics for a lot of people that normally just slag off the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
New shots of that Shadespire thing. Looks like an expanded version of Gorechosen.

https://www.facebook.com/warhammerunderworlds/videos/1282403365171824/

Also jfc I'm glad they pulled the trigger on finally doing a lady Stormcast, but were the slimmed down armour and tit-bump really necessary.

• Locked thread