Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

LordAba posted:

A female ghost whose life was filled with scheming and false victimization to get what she wants. Is that you Sarkeesian?

I couldn't not take that shot

Direct your next shot into your own brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Clawtopsy posted:

okay so

is making an 'undead' army the same as before

can i take skellies and skelly knights and this new ghostface killa?

You can do a death list with any death models you want, but if you want to use the new Nagash allegiances you can't use models outside of the battletome. Although they do have Nighthaunt as allies, and I am sure Nighthaunt will have a bunch of undead as allies

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

What's a Sarkeesian?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Injuryprone posted:

What's a Sarkeesian?

https://youtu.be/HeOY8QO-COc

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
take all that dumb poo poo somewhere else

this is a place for posting cool models and bad fluff thanks

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Injuryprone posted:

What's a Sarkeesian?

Someone who made a documentary series that said "maybe cliché tropes of women in video games are lame and counterproductive, also here's some games that don't do that and are awesome like Beyond Good & Evil", which of course made Internet nerds lose their goddamn loving minds and send her death and rape threats.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Black_Nexus posted:

You can do a death list with any death models you want, but if you want to use the new Nagash allegiances you can't use models outside of the battletome. Although they do have Nighthaunt as allies, and I am sure Nighthaunt will have a bunch of undead as allies

This is incorrect. We were told we will just be able to take lots of the Nighthaunt Units in the Legions of Nagash. As they are also part of them.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
so i can make spooky ghost noises AND rattle me bones?

sigmar..... good?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
woah woah woah. lets not get carried away here

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The legions of nagash book says you can only take units in that book but the dev team mentioned that you will be able to use “most” of the nighthaunt units there so I assume there will be rules to that effect in their book or a faq or something

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
^^ It might be worth waiting a bit before picking everything up. I'm sure they will get a book once 2nd ed hits.

JBP posted:

Direct your next shot into your own brain.

10-4 good buddy.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

LordAba posted:

A female ghost whose life was filled with scheming and false victimization to get what she wants. Is that you Sarkeesian?

I couldn't not take that shot

This is not acceptable, you dumbshit

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Is there a ballpark guess of the points value of the sides in the Soul Wars box? Or are we waiting til the release for that info?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Floppychop posted:

Is there a ballpark guess of the points value of the sides in the Soul Wars box? Or are we waiting til the release for that info?

We’ll have to wait until the release since point info isn’t on warscrolls, which is all they’ve previewed so far.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Clawtopsy posted:

so i can make spooky ghost noises AND rattle me bones?

sigmar..... good?

Sigmar fun, maybe good in future?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Floppychop posted:

In the batrep they say the Death stuff in the box is 820 points. Don't know for Stormcast, but can't imagine the infantry being less than 25-30 points a model given how good it is.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Holy poo poo the new fluff's good. Much less "Throw a million Verb Mcnounnouns" at you like a goddamn JRPG. poo poo like Grimnir dying and other stuff from the Age of Myth has much more of a creation myth feel along with explaining why the realms are just Like That. The little story bars are from the point of view of ordinary jobbers making their way in the worlds.

Now we just need the RPG book and I'll be a happy Ham.

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe
Do chaos dwarfs have a place in this world?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
They do! One of the maps highlights a massive set of Chaos Dwarf forge-fortresses in the Realm of Fire.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bombogenesis posted:

Sigmar fun, maybe good in future?

Double turns still a thing.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Core rules are now available for download!

https://ageofsigmar.com

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

LordAba posted:

Not as bad though, since they now happen less often, and if you choose to go second, you get to steer the fancy new spells.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

LordAba posted:

Yeah, but predatory spells are going to help mitigate that.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Wow. Paladin Protectors comboed with the new Loom Out Sir, might make them worth while.

-2 to hit is serious business.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

There's a warhammer threads discord now, just in case things don't go well with the forums:

https://discord.gg/pU863q9

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

As much as the rules will work more smoothly using bases for most units it's going to make unit coherency for Prosecutors a pain in the rear end. In my first game we thought distances were measured base to base and it made keeping their unit coherent really awkward due to how big their wings are but worked better when we realised you were supposed to measure from closest points on the model.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

There's a warhammer threads discord now, just in case things don't go well with the forums:

https://discord.gg/pU863q9

Uh oh - are things that bad?

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

As a dummy who has two non-battletome armies the straight buff to battalions is a bit disheartening. Without knowing how points are going to shake out, it seems like battalions are a must if you have the option.

And you don’t have the option you are going to probably play down 50 points for the starting command point. (Rules for that probably in the GHB18)

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
New video (I think) on the Realms.

Also, GW has actually put up a page on one of their sites for people just starting out HOLYFUCKINGSHITTHEYFINALLYDIDIT!!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

berzerkmonkey posted:

Uh oh - are things that bad?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/announcement.php?forumid=1

gotta rebuy your av

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

TKIY posted:

Core rules are now available for download!

https://ageofsigmar.com

:siren:

i hope someone is banging out a new op, because im sending this thread gentley into that good night by the end of tomorrow regardless

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

:siren:

i hope someone is banging out a new op, because im sending this thread gentley into that good night by the end of tomorrow regardless

I think everyone is on the Discord right now.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

berzerkmonkey posted:

New video (I think) on the Realms.

Also, GW has actually put up a page on one of their sites for people just starting out HOLYFUCKINGSHITTHEYFINALLYDIDIT!!

That video brought up something funny about Mannfred.

He created Dopplegangers of Vlad, Isabella and Konrad in his new fauxsylvania so he could lord over them.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

TKIY posted:

:smith:

And it seems to me, you lived your life
Like a candle in the winds of magic....

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

TKIY posted:

that poo poo is blocked at work :argh:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I have a lot of free time, I'll make a new OP.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Constant real time chat with goons might be a bit too addictive.

Let's all hope Lowtax doesn't die.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Thundercloud posted:

Constant real time chat with goons might be a bit too addictive.

Let's all hope Lowtax doesn't die.

No poo poo. I was just thinking how I'm never going to get any work done and I'm going to get fired.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I made the new thread. Feel free to suggest a better title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

leaks I've seen so far today:

• Locked thread