Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
40k gets tons of book releases because thats all 95% of their armies are getting. aos got snake ladies and fish elfs which are brand new models and probably jamming up the rest of gws production pipeline

im actually having trouble coming up with new 40k models outside of bigmars and those scifi sigmarines riding flying dildos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Pendent posted:

That video is really endearingly goofy. Someone help, I'm falling for marketing.

well youre one of those thats born every minute that ive always heard about

if those guys werent looking at a map of the old world or something similar, than their reveal can gently caress off

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
ghosties look neat but yawn more sigmarines. i guess constantly pushing their lovely mary sue faction as hard as they have been works on certain people

also legit wondering if the deepkin book that just released will be compatible with the new edition

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
actually the biggest problem with the stormfronts is their stupid death mask

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Pendent posted:

This is really similar to what I'm shooting for I think:

I think the black+leadbelcher is probably a good bet but I have some doubts about my ability to maintaining a consistent color when I'm mixing like that. I suppose it would probably be a good way for me to expand my painting abilities a bit htough.

that looks like a black basecoat with a grey drybrushing

but yea, try expanding your paints outside of the citadel range

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

The Deleter posted:

All the later factions have really distinctive identities and abilities and all the earlier ones don't. I bet the Kharadron or Idoneth focuses will be way more interesting to read than, say, Sylvaneth or Free Peoples.

if their basic troop box costs less than 50 bucks then they arent gonna put much effort into it

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
oh word?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Danimo posted:

I imagine that it’s also hard to justify keeping a bunch of shelf space for $25 skeletons when there’s a bunch of good murder and fish elves that cost twice as much they want to stock.

this is the actual reason

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
a ghost with a trademarkable name

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
not before they release about a dozen more stormfront kits, its what all the kits are buying these days

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
:siren: quick headsup

whenever aos 2.0 releases, im going to be putting my good threadboy down, he has lived a long and purposeful life and his time is drawing to an end

one of you guys that actually has an interest in this silly game should probably cobble together a new thread for the new edition

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
sigmarines look dumb because of their stupid helmets and pauldrons, not because of their official paint scheme

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booyah- posted:

nah, I think it really is the paint and GW photos. A lot of the sculpts are really well done.

For example: the same model by GW and someone else:

The GW gold with bright silver highlights and photos make everything look blown out and overexposed, and the details look really noisy. The composition of that mini is really good and comes out really well with better blocking on the colors.

those both look bad to me, because the sculpt looks like a cartoony world of warcraft hero. the non gw looks like its painted using the same scheme with less talent, and the white balance is darker

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
there are plenty of new gw figures that dont look like some chunky f2p wow clone character tho?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

SC boxes are at least a step in the right direction.

sc boxes are there to distract you from all their new kits being considerably more expensive than their older ones

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

AnEdgelord posted:

I see someone hasnt looked at the Daughters of Khaine prices lately.

what is there to see? that their pricing structure proves my point?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
witch elves/sisters of slaughter are a more recent dual kit that also happened to be an elite unit for dark elves pre-aos tho? and youre getting double the models compared to the medusas and harpies. a better comparison would be the warlocks, a 5 cav box for 35, compared to 5 snake women for 50

you can try to pretend that their kit prices arent going up, but youre only fooling yourself

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
whats an ork :confused:

do you mean an oooururrojouk?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Shadin posted:

That’s what I thought. I’ve never seen a credible source for the IP theory and since GW themselves keep using the old names where thematically appropriate and reprint Old World novels I feel like it’s just internet nerd hate-theorying.

imagine being this naive

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Didn’t, the last time this discussion started, someone look it up and discover that GW haven’t actually filed any copyrights for the new names? It could very well be SEO focused changes.

ah yes, more seo focused so when you search for the new lizardmen name, you get hosed up furry artwork as well

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
sick rear end squig and skele-demons. at least the cool models to mathhammering ratio in this thread is miles better than the 40k thread

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
take all that dumb poo poo somewhere else

this is a place for posting cool models and bad fluff thanks

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
woah woah woah. lets not get carried away here

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

TKIY posted:

Core rules are now available for download!

https://ageofsigmar.com

:siren:

i hope someone is banging out a new op, because im sending this thread gentley into that good night by the end of tomorrow regardless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
thanks to everyone for making this the best possible gw thread about possibly the worst gw game

and theres one more thing...

its been emotional

• Locked thread