Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

TKIY posted:

This was rambling as gently caress , so are there any questions?

Thank you for your sacrifice of time. This was actually a nice read/analysis from a different perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

TKIY posted:

I just signed up for an AoS escalation league. Weep not for me, I seek knowledge to share with others.

My body is a roadmap of pain, and pain has it's valves.

You're a good person, TKIY. The game sounds like it's almost in the place they were originally shooting for as a ~beer n' pretzels~ chill game but honestly after three beers and having my big death cannon rendered useless turn one via poo poo I couldn't actively counter I'd probably smash a bottle over somebodies head.

SteelMentor posted:

What would be the plural of SLAMBO.

Slambi? Slambles? Slambronies?

Slambalya.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

TKIY posted:

I plunge further into the Mortal Realms.

Everything will be square based for Kings of War but I did give GW money. I expect skeletal admonishment at any time.

The only truly unforgivable sin here is those drat dice. Otherwise I honestly really like the hunter models.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
I really want a Man-Eater wearing dumb steampunk dorf armor now. Bonus points if it has an ogre sized beardgun mask.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

heres some pretty cool concept art of the new age of slgmar dwarfs

original characters, do not steal!

Ka-boom, laddie.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

TKIY posted:

Destiny Dice are the biggest bullshit ever.

Basically this. At higher points I guess they aren't as awful but still kinda bullshit for knee-capping certain units with zero risk.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
My girlfriend recently decided she wants to play AoS and got some boxes of dudes. So I'm going to use this as an excuse to grab the dopey balloon dorfs. Anyone have experience with them? Ideally against Nighthaunts or Death in general.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
It's really amazing how much better Sigmarines look in almost any colors other than gold 90% of the time.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

SteelMentor posted:

Maybe it's a thing they're doing for all the classic Warham vortex spells. Would be sweet to see a Burning Skull, Pit of Shades, Golden Hounds etc.

I need to see a model for ~The Great Maw~.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
I don't know what AoS books are garbage and which aren't but for those who may care, [urlhttps://www.humblebundle.com/books/tales-from-the-worlds-of-warhammer-books]Humble Bundle has a bunch of them in their newest book bundle[/url]. Thought you nerds may appreciate it :v:

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

SteelMentor posted:

Holy poo poo.

My gay little heart can’t take these new gals.

:same: I may finally give up all hope for my precious ogresogors and get these amazing not-grey knights.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
I caved and bought the Kharadon starter and some Arkanauts. I've made a huge mistake.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
My will is weak. I wanted to wait for the awesome new lady stormcasts but I was at the FLGS and had store credit and :negative:

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

JBP posted:

Seems like Sigmar is becoming more popular by the day. I bought some fishies and also want nighthaunts. I had a look for some Sigmar friendly games online and there are two new regular meetings in Melbourne with a stack of new players. Good stuff imo.

I've given it a shot or two in the past with the ogres I bought for WHFB 8th but they're basically the definition of "Not very good" outside of their mounted units. My partner already has a fair deal of nighthaunts so I figured I'd build up something for when the 2E and more nighthaunts drop. Also getting rid of my 40k stuff that I'll never use(Everything but Dork Elves and Bananas) so I have a fair bit of credit at the local store. I love these dumb as gently caress steampunk lookin' dorfs and their fluff is pretty fun.

Speaking of, does anyone have that order city generation table that was floating around? Wanna have a proper fluff write-up for whatever these guys end up bein' because I'm a giant nerd and also gay.

e; and the starter box is missing the flight stands for the balloon bois. Dammit GW.

Bombogenesis fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 21, 2018

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Make a "legacy" section of the store for factions they want to keep in but don't have full armies for or something, draft up a rule that lets them socket into whatever other army for their allegiance.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
So, I'm up to 30 Arkanauts, five Thunderers, three Endrinriggers, a Gun Hauler, Admiral, and Endrinmaster. Is it worth grabbing another start collecting kharadon box to fluff up the gunline a bit and get another boat, or would I better served going straight for a bigger boat and a navigator? Just in a general sense. The starter box is a great value and more thunderers seems extremely good, along with another hauler and endrinmaster to keep the haulers patched up. The skywardens/riggers seem kinda "eh" though?

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Those are some good rear end Orks.

dexefiend posted:

Paint and wait a month for the updated rules?

What is this "paint" of which you speak?

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Some info on Skavens in 2E as well. Welcome to rat town.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Time to get more starter boxes. Please kill me.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

SteelMentor posted:

Three special characters for Nighthaunt.

I would be extremely worried about transporting that fucker but oh my god that doot ghost is my hero.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Welp, looks like I'm splitting another box set. Gimme 'dem sweet wizardcasts.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
The past three kits I've gotten have been missing bases and while they're easy enough to get replaced it's kind of annoying at this point.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
I love squigs so much and that is a good rear end ginormo squig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Clawtopsy posted:

so i can make spooky ghost noises AND rattle me bones?

sigmar..... good?

Sigmar fun, maybe good in future?

• Locked thread