Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

a cock shaped fruit posted:

lol@ goons acting like your local GW is some heinous shrine to evil

It could be for all I know. I've not seen it open when going past for years. I know it isn't shut down because I know people that go there, but I still haven't ever seen the shutters up since they changed their opening times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Zuul the Cat posted:

So I amended my list after learning about the rule of one.

Only 1 banner of rage now.

So, if I have a unit of 20 Bloodreavers in range of 2 bloodsecrators, + 1 banner of rage, they get +3 attacks, correct?

Cause the FAQ states spells and abilities are stackable unless it’s specifically stated otherwise.

Sounds right. I know the death player at my LGS rolls literally hundreds of dice for his skeleton warriors due to stacking bonuses like that.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

If you're running a Sylvaneth allegiance they're free.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

They posted the Order champion:

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but the italicized part seems like an angle to reintroduce elements of the old setting.

drat, that's a great head sculpt.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

To be honest I feel like they could do with just changing Destruction to something else and include the "evil" factions along with the current Destruction ones.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Danimo posted:

They were OP before they got errata/faq that made it so you can’t take a faction allegiance plus city allegiance at the same time. Same faq also removed the painting restrictions. I think there was enough confusion before the faq that everyone just passed on it.

Painting restrictions?

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I think when I get around to painting the stray few I have I think I’ll paint the masks themselves porcelain with some fine markings. Go for like a kabuki/Segula from Malazan feel to them to see if that makes them pop a little more.

I was just going to mention that I like the Stormcast models but I just can't stand their helmets but I think that might actually work. I think I might see if theres a spare Stormcast floating around at my FLGS tomorrow to try it on.

Well that and the default paint scheme is dumb. It doesn't look as bad in person but still not great.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Am I the only one who sees an angry magic pac-man?

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

I'm just hoping destruction gets some more stuff soon.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

I'm pretty happy with my iornjawz scheme.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Had my first 1000pt game (I am not fast at painting) with my Iornjawz today against a Deathrattle army, had fun and like the synergy going on with my heroes and battlefield units but holy poo poo the army I was against was ridiculous. I thought Deathrattle were under powered or struggled in tournaments or something?

Since the FLGS opened last year the Deathrattle player has literally only lost one game and that was due to the foot of gork exploding to a silly high number.

For example: his list this evening was:

5 x Black Knights
10 x Grave Guard
40 x Skeleton Warriors
1 x Necromancer
1 x Wight King
2 x Banshees

Those loving skeleton warriors were putting out anywhere from 20 to 250 attacks a turn a long with getting two 6+ saves for all his units on top of their normal saves.

This is before getting to the grave sites covering the battlefield regenerating and replacing his killed models/units.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Quicksilver Swords being deployed against a Slaughterpriest

What's that from?

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Oh, I played one of the recent PS4 games of that, very competent, if odd, warriors style game. The plot made zero loving sense though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

As much as the rules will work more smoothly using bases for most units it's going to make unit coherency for Prosecutors a pain in the rear end. In my first game we thought distances were measured base to base and it made keeping their unit coherent really awkward due to how big their wings are but worked better when we realised you were supposed to measure from closest points on the model.

• Locked thread