Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So after playing 40k for the first time in several years, I am now feeling that it probably isn't the best game to get my fiancee into the wargaming scene, at least right now. (mainly due to how many rules must be remembered per army) I am kind of thinking of picking up two start collecting packs (tree dudes and lizard men) instead in order to get her into the game.

Anyone got any tips for how either of these armies play, or how AOS plays in general?

(It doesn't help that her 40k army of choice is Orks, which aren't exactly even mediocre right now)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Those dwarves look cool and good. If I wasn't so dead set on my haunted forest themed tree people army I would definitely hold off and pick them up for my first AOS army instead.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
My Chaos Dwarves Test mini. Let me know what you think.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

Moose-Alini posted:

The purple accents really make it.

Thanks. I wanted some sort of splash of color to take them out of just being a sea of metal, and I've been trying to avoid too much red on them since everyone seems to go lava themed for them. I'm really happy with how the purple came out.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So not going to lie, that Malign Portents Stormcast story ended up pushing me over the edge and I have spent some of my birthday money on both of the Start Collecting Stormcast boxes.

Does anyone have any advice for Stormcasts? I'm completely new to AOS since I'm mainly a 40k player, so I dont know much about what is good and what isnt.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Are the things with wings bad because the models are fragile, or are they bad on the table?

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

The Deleter posted:

The first. If you are not infinitely delicate and careful with them the wingtips will break or the whole wing will shear off. It's awful. The units themselves are fine but they aren't worth the effort.

You weren't kidding. My start collecting boxes arrived and it looks like the wings got caught up on other sprue and ripped themselves to pieces. I've got broken bits, I've got bent bits, its a clusterfuck. Hopefully GW takes care of this, but I'm not sure how they are going to since it is on both sprue.

Update: Yay a free box of Retributors to replace the broken wings.

jadebullet fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

Milotic posted:

New story

https://malignportents.com/story/wyrmstar/

So stupidly good. I hope people are devouring this stuff like I am.

Holy crap that's good.

• Locked thread