Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Calce Feriat Egomet should work for Kick Me and Ego Brutus should cover I'm an Idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

mango sentinel posted:

How well are Slaves to Darkness supported? Obviously not as well as bloodmans, but just curious

Not at all really, and probably won't be. They new focus seems to be models with a particular flavor instead of undivided. They can devote themselves to any god though and gain all the appropriate buffs though so they work to fill out armies.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

richyp posted:

Speaking of Stormcasts, just seen a picture of the female Stormcast that's coming with Shadespire. Why GW, why? :(

Boob armour, bare midriff, thin waist, wide hips, check, check, check and check.

It's not a bare midriff, just a stylized plate. They got a lot of requests for women stormcasts so I think they wanted to make one easily identifiable.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

moths posted:

These new compendiums are missing a lot of units. In some cases, most of them.

E: the Skaven one is now two units. Chief with standard and Skavenslaves. This has to be a mistake.

They didnt update all warscrolls, just the ones that needed it. Its basically errata to the compendiums on the GW website.

For example, there's no mention anywhere in the Orks &Goblins warscroll of the Aracknarok but it just got a new packages kit today.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Aug 26, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
m still don't know what the he'll is going on with the Dark Elf compendium. Maybe a human error were only the updated warscrolls were published? The Dark Elf compendium has only 7 war scrolls.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I was actually intrigued by one small bit of lore in that article. The Stormcast are fighting over the 'shade glass' currency the game uses because it allows them to retain more of the personality and memories when they're reborn.

It's just a tiny thing that they drummed up to give them a reason to fight for the maguffin but at least it fleshed them out a little more.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

JcDent posted:

Why are the orks doing it, then?

Are you asking what reason orks have for fighting?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

JcDent posted:

I kinda dislike how AoS is going towards the army building rule clusterfuck that was 7e 40K.

So you get your Allegiance rules (which, if you're going with allies, affect some of your units), then you have battalions affecting some of your units, you super battalions affecting more of your units, and then the city rules on top of that you. You can probably layer on Kharadron city rules on top of that for turbo insanity.

I think it's kind of necessary for the legacy Armies, as a dark elf player from WFB, the Anvilguard let's me field my old army without sacrificing the ability to take allegiance abilities.

And the Wraith Fleet they just revealed today lets you field your undead Armies, just without the units introduced for End Times. You can easily ally in ghouls or zombies.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I think this might be it for AoS for the year. Starting in October they're going to be pushing Shadespire and the expansion releases for that.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

berzerkmonkey posted:

It's blowing my mind that they are charging $60 for Firestorm.

Yeah it looks like the stuff GW was giving to gaming stores for Kimora for free.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

richyp posted:

It's a paperback book, map, cards, counters and poo poo right? 60 freedom bucks puts in codex price category. I'm interested in seeing what they'll charge for the boxes and whether they'll use it as a way of reducing prices without reducing prices (like the Start Collecting ones) or whether it'll be exactly the same price as the individual bits like the Allies ones they did.

The allies boxes I saw were all discounts, usually in the $30-40 range. The city boxes are all $170, not bad considering the components of the cheapest one is $250. I'm just hoping they're not limited time only, like the $170 from last Christmas.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Danimo posted:

There's allies boxes in brick and mortar stores that don't seem to be on the website. All about 400 points and a decent discount.

They're on the website under their parent faction.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Daughters-of-Khaine-Blood-Coven

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
GW put up pages for the Firestorm alliances so you can see what all you can take under each.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Firestorm?N=647457687

Also some of the unboxing videos make the case for charging as much as they do a little better. The map is a pretty heavy duty cardboard and the stickers are all vinyl so they're meant to last. It's almost like a board game you provide the models for.

It apparently plays like a bit like a Civ game with territory benefits, resource management and structure building.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Supposedly it's launching with Ork and Skeleton factions with Skaven shortly after.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

berzerkmonkey posted:

I don't know, myself, but it is a concern I have.

I'm the skeleton with his head in his hands, simply just giving up on everything.

It looks like there are power and objective cards that are either specific or general. The specific ones seem to be more powerful and and tie closely to your factions strengths.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Murky rules question,

If there's a large creature that makes 3 types of attacks in a round and it's fighting a creature that rebounds mortal wounds on a save of 6, if the attacking creature loses its last wound on a rebound during its first type of attack does the combat end there and then or does it get to make its attacks with the other two weapons before being removed?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Does anyone know what box set the skaven sprues from Mordheim got reused for? Was it clan rats?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's believed that Khorne and Stormcast will get a second release since both show up twice in the artwork that shows off all the factions.

I'm wondering if they're going to do single model expansion packs and what the price point will be. GW doesn't have a great track record on competitively priced single models

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 12, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Chill la Chill posted:

Taking a page from good eurogame rulebooks, of course.

Also i'd be totally down for a warhammer game about building the church of sigmar or whatever. You get victory points for helping the town out and it would pretty much be a reskin of Troyes.

They've also said they wanted this game to be fast and pointed towards tournaments with the tournament rounds being best of three.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Didn't the whole Horus Heresy fluff start because people kept writing in to White Dwarf asking why there were battle reports of marines fighting marines?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, the city boxes and makeups come off as more of a 'clearing out old stock' than they do a 'these guys are here to stay'.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

"Dwarves love gold" is a trope that goes back as far as Tolkien.

A lot further than that considering Tolkien's dwarves were pretty analogous to the wandering tribes of Israel.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

JcDent posted:

How are dwarves wandering? They seem happy to stay put under a mountain.

They were, until they were forced to flee from their ancestral homes by evil invaders jealous of their artifacts and treasures. They then had to live in small communities in various human cities.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
There are non really, at least nothing reliable. There's a rumor of a sea going Cthulhu inspired faction that gets trotted out now and then but it's over a year old at this point.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Arkhan the Black looks the coolest, by far.

He doesn't beat out Mannfred riding Bahamut from Final Fantasy.

Though since the wizard is the identifiable part nothing to stop you from putting Arkhan on Bahamut.

And from I remember from the kit the riders are pretty interchangeable. Build the dragon how you like and just swap the wizards out as needed.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 28, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's basically Planescape but if Sigil was captured by one of the evil factions and the Blood War has spilled into all the realms.

I can work with that.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

berzerkmonkey posted:

I am super happy to see that the old terrain is making a comeback! I didn't see the Chapel of Sigmar or the Fortified Manor, but having the towers back is a nice start. I'm wondering how much they will jack up the prices on those now...

Well they didn't jack up the price for the Garden of Morr when they brought it back, just doubled the price and gave you two sets of the sprues.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
News from Warammer World,

Next battle tome(after Maggotkin) will be Legions of Nagash. Nagash and each Mortarch will get faction rules, artifacts and allegiance abilities.

Apparently my Fire like to autocorrect Nagash to Hahaha

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Almost guaranteed, they mentioned this being equivalent to the great city allegiances Order got in the campaign supplement.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

MonsterEnvy posted:

They have said while they are currently focusing on the Mortarchs that have Models. They will likely make Models in the future of the other 6 Mortarchs of which Vlad is one of.

The other Mortarchs are Vlad Mortarch of Shadow, Krell Mortarch of Despair, Luthor Harkon Mortarch of the Abyss (He's a Vampire Pirate). The last three whose Mortarch titles are unknown are Dieter Helsnicht (Powerful Necromancer), Walach Harkon (Luthor's Cousin and a Blood Dragon vampire knight), and The Nameless One (Made out fairly obviously to be a old character named Drachenfels)

Have they said that for sure or are you going off of who they were in the End Times? At the very least Walach shouldn't still be a Mortarch since he was corrupted by Chaos and I could see them taking the opportunity to write out the Nameless One since I always heard they never call him Drachenfels because they ended up losing the rights to those books.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

TKIY posted:

What book has the Relics/Traits and poo poo for Death and Soulblight?

General's Handbook 2 has some, but the Death Battletome comes out in a week or two.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
One thing I'm hoping for in Battletome Death is a rules pass for Nagash. His emphasis on summoning is cool and flavorful, but not really the direction they've taken the game the last few years.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

AnEdgelord posted:

The interesting part of the story is that the reforging process is having a greater and greater impact on the Stormcasts. It mentions how the leader is no longer capable of pity because of how many times he had been through it.

Yeah, one of the cool bits in Shadespire is that the eternals are their hunting for shade glass because it can be used during reforging to prevent any loss of self. That they know about it and are willing to try that much of a Hail Mary to slow it down adds a nice bit of tension to the faction.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Hot drat, I was beginning to think the Dark Elf revamp was just going to always be a persistent rumor. Wonder what faction she's going to fall under, in the video she seems kind of anti-Chaos and Order doesn't exactly need more armies. Maybe Nagash's goal in Malign Portents is to bring her back to the realms?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Not to mention it's rather cheap to pick up spider riders on eBay thanks to the 6th edition starter box.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

moths posted:

I'd love to see a Start Collecting where the witch elves cost less than $60 / box.

The closest you'll get is the allied box that gets you a unit of witch elves and a cauldron of blood for $100.

It's not really a bad deal though, since the cauldron also comes with a bloodwrack medusa you'll likely be able to use as a hero/warlord with the new tome.

Weird to see Nagash kept his Hand of Dust spell, I thought they were removing the abilities that worked like that. Not that anyone would really cast it under most circumstances. An at best 21% chance of blanking a unit isn't burning the house down.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 26, 2018

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
This Saturday's pre-orders are up on the community site;

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/28/next-weeks-pre-orders-death-coming-good-way/

Best news? Skullvayne Manse returns.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If we're lucky it'll be around $85, but probably closer to $100-125.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I gotta appreciate that one terminator in the Ironjawz army who is presumably extremely confused.

I just assumed it was a Salamander in a Emperor Text to Speech joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That would explain the Morghasts getting Morghast key word.

• Locked thread