Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horace-Noah
Mar 30, 2012

The Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

mango sentinel posted:

Oh poo poo

It's a Slamboree

Oh poo poo.
Second the motion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace-Noah
Mar 30, 2012

Most base coats for my Tomb King down. Feeling pretty alright about it. My favourite part I've done is oddly the scarabs. Pretty stoked to make some progress and to just bite the bullet on painting one of my characters.

Oh came up with a name too, "Ahomtep the Dauntless"

Working on a background for him and my tomb in the endless deserts setting.

Horace-Noah
Mar 30, 2012

Progress is progress!

Horace-Noah
Mar 30, 2012

Skeletons to get pushed around by mr finglongerer himself.

Horace-Noah
Mar 30, 2012

Skeletons: the image dump.
Finished up the squads and tomb king I was working on. Took some pictures today.

Horace-Noah
Mar 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah. I did a similar color scheme on my tomb kings but I did aquamarine/red/gold for the shields too, and I think your white scheme looks better.

Man, I'd love to see some pictures of those.

Ps. Did up some lore for my King's Necropolis:

The Necropolis of King Ahomtep is one of wonder and no fixed point. Placed upon the floating desert spire known and the Spear Kahtep, its largess and glimmering towers are known to slacken the jaw of even the most hardened Duardin. It's Pyramids, obelisks and streets woven into the great rock's surface, busy with activity.

It is known to mostly drift between the edges of the Sour Sea and the Carrion Isles, but it has been spotted near the bastion of Bétone. The great spire blotting out the sun as it passes. Only the liche priests of The Spear truly understand how it traverses the deserts wind.

edit; a helpful map.

Horace-Noah fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Apr 24, 2017

Horace-Noah
Mar 30, 2012

mango sentinel posted:

Woah nice I had not seen the archer models before those are really cool and that whole set looks INCREDIBLY clean. Great job!

Thanks! The main impetus for doing them up was a Mengel Minis contest: http://www.mengelminiatures.com/2017/03/the-unofficial-tomb-kings-battletome_27.html?m=1#more

Horace-Noah
Mar 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

I've got some photos from old Oath threads, but I've been meaning to put the whole (painted portion of the) army together for a group photoshoot.

That would rule and, you should do it.

Horace-Noah
Mar 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Here's a collection of Tomb King photos taken for Oath threads, 2011-2015.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/slyhatjones/V6925z

Please don't doxx me.

Ah dude, those are such good lil skellies.
What's the last floating one?

Horace-Noah
Mar 30, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

-Tomb Kings and Brettonia seem to be gone. (Though there are reports of the Kings coming back.)

DONT TOY WITH MY EMOTIONS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace-Noah
Mar 30, 2012

mango sentinel posted:

So I joined a Campaign at my store. It's territory based, slight escalation mechanic as all games are minimum 500pts but starts capped at 500 and the ceiling increases each round but you don't have to play higher points if you and your opponent want to stay small.

My current 500pt list is
Arch-Warlock (General for the Campaign)
Warlock Engineer
20 Clanrats
Poison Wind Mortar
Warpfire Thrower

Once we bump up to 1k, Ripsnik's raiders + Arch-Warlock is 960.

I want options though. Aside from the Spire of Dawn box I've got Slambo and a unit of Chaos Warriors I'm itching to include so I can run a 40 Clanrat unit. Thematically I want to include more Skryre and phase out the other rats. I'm playing mostly to speed bump with Clanrats while I barrage with spells and ranged. Am I best off just slowly adding Rating Guns and Jezzails or should I jump straight to Stormfiends?

I'd also like help to pick which Chaos command ability and artifact to run with for this strategy.

I think thematically it would be dope to slowly add the Rating guns and Jezzails before moving up to the big bad rats. Your arch-warlock steadily getting more and more advanced weaponry from the leaders of the clan as he proved his worth.

• Locked thread