Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy
What happened to the old Age of Slgmar thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

TKIY posted:

It was getting better then it got closed.

Bottom line the game still has glaring flaws, shitposting is not going to go away, so AoS posters need a thick skin.

I'm really only playing it out of lack of other fantasy options so I'm posting about it with salty as gently caress attitude. Maybe it will win me over if GH2 goes further than the first one did.

The games I have played so far we have used the points system and the "Rule of 1" and they seem to work pretty well. We are having fun at least.

On another note - I was at one of our local game stores watching a couple of guys play and this guy had a beautiful Sigmar army...

Loved the wings on those last guys.

Ghost Hand fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Mar 2, 2017

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Xarbala posted:

Honestly the sigmarine faces are still the thing that takes the aesthetic down for me. Muscle-molded armor can work as a look with the right helmet but as it stands they, combined with the default color scheme, really do look too much like an army of C3-POs.

That's a really good paint job though. Even if I feel they could stand a headswap.

Yeah I am NOT a fan of the helmets at all. I have some people using bare heads on them - which I actually prefer.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Drone posted:

Great up until the point where switching out the heads disqualifies your army from whatever dumbfuck events GW runs because those heads are not Genuine Games Workshop Hobby Products (tm).

Could you not use various Space Marine heads.. I know many of them do not have bionics and such on them.

Since we are trying to get this thread started and actually productive for AoS... I'll repost my Chaos army. This was painted by my friend Colin (legalizedmischief is his facebook page). I did the basing. I have too much poo poo to paint so I am starting to outsource large portions of things.

In addition to this - I am using a lot of Tzeentch demons that I have for my 40k Army.

Ghost Hand fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 2, 2017

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Deino posted:

Unfortunately GW is showing its ugly head at Adepticon this year, and in force.

I see this as a good thing. They are working hard to work with the community again under their new leadership... blah blah blah. You've heard it all before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Deino posted:

I'm mostly just angry because our events got shitcanned to the equivalent of a closet somewhere, when previously we'd been in the big, open ballroom where plenty of gamers could come by and see our game being played, ask questions, etc. I'm confident GW will have no problem filling their slots, as I'm sure they've been advertising their appearance at Adepticon more than well enough.

What events got shunted? (Genuine question as I may come check them out.)

• Locked thread