Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Moola posted:

i'm the hang nail

It's actually a Finglonger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I wonder if the cool Skeledude is a jab at Mantic's Dungeon Saga, in the same was as their Scythe-holding skeledude was a jab at GW ignoring Hero Quest.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Great job rehabing them. I wouldn't bother stripping, you did a good enough job on your initial coat. Grab one of those texture paints for the base and it will really finish them off. I'd guess Astrodebris would look good.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Atlas Hugged posted:

People disagreeing is not evidence of subjectivity.

And at the same time, a single person posting isn't irrefutable. I love Leperflesh, and I see how he thinks the 20ish possible combinations of To-Hit/To-Wound with auto pass/fail on 6's/1's doesn't have enough granularity. There's also problems with his solutions. 8+ sided dice have issues with being cocked, they're too large to roll more than 10 of them at a time, they don't pack neatly storage, numerals take longer to parse than pips, determining at a glance what side is ontop on multiple d10+'s takes longer, etc.

Going to multidice rolls or a d% system would be a complete structural change to the game itself; units would have to be the smallest division in the game. Rolling 2d6 for every Boyz attack is infeasible. You'd have to organize the game more like Warpath for that, and that doesn't even use multidice rolls.

A big issue with his solutions is that the game isn't a d6 followed by a d6. It's d6x30 followed by more rolling.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

mango sentinel posted:

Related, are there any other fantasy skirmish systems and do you guys like them better. All the other fantasy alternatives I know of are rank and flank.

I quite like Wrath of Kings. It's kind of a Warmahordes/Guild Ball-lite style game. It's D10 based, and pretty quick and fun. The art direction leaves a bit to be desired with some of the female models, though I play Hadross (fish people) and avoid most of that mess.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

It's not quite a rock and it's not quite a truck, but man...

To answer your question I don't know.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

What's the breakdown for basing materials there?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I'm pretty sure Lizardmen might have a model or two that's big.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I've actually never seen anyone scratch score lines into the texture paints, that looks really good.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

They probably squatted the Brets because no one in the studio cared enough about them to fight for an update or refactoring.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

That base is awesome. Anvil Industries has some jack o lanterns.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I can't speak for everyone in AoS/40k, but at this point it seems like if the new base size feels good, do it.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I hate that the texture paints are so good; they're expensive but I won't glue sand onto anything but terrain ever again.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

That's a different lady sigmarine.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Are you look at Australia?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

She's probably more dressed than her male counterparts so it's not too bad, and at least she's in an action pose where you can't see her rear end from the front.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I feel like a unstoppable force is at least better than an unmovable object. Nothing is worse than a unit that's impossible to hurt.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I think I have a few, I'll check it out.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I've got a Tablewar mat and a Gamemat.eu one, the Forges of Mars one. I like the image quality of the Tablewar mat far better. The Gamemat one has a semi-metallic sheen to it that I'm not a huge fan of, but it's the only decent Martian map on the market. Shipping on the gamemat from Poland to Florida was 27 bucks.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I assume any place in Eastern Europe with odd consonant clusters is Poland. I was educated in Florida I'm doing my best.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Injuryprone posted:

Is it giving me the finger guns?

Is "the finger guns" what kids today call an erection? Then yes.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

They should probably go in Destruction because that GA is empty.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I like to leave two spears from the slot tab connected to the feet of the model and use that as the pin. No drilling into small feet helps a lot.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Anyone who thinks the Generals Handbook didn't save Age of Sigmar is dumb, and if they won't admit that it at least popularized it they are also insane.

Popular is bad!!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

GW has an AoS army builder, it seems good enough.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

S.J. posted:

So I guess I kinda was asking because I wanted to see some of the allegiance abilities that aren't in the General's Handbook and I didn't realize there were so drat many of them.

Battlescribe might have them, or if all else fails you probably can find it on 1d4chan if you're brave enough to go there.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Popularity.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Bloodbowl wasn't ever really in the actual old world, but a side universe where everyone played football.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Why'd they give the flying sharks the Inceptor flight stands? A straight one would be way better.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I'm more into the Orangutan Surfing Civilization.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

SRM posted:

I've put working on more Empire dudes on hold until the next edition comes out - I'm still all about these pyjama pals, but if the rules say round bases are required now I'll be grumpy if I have to rebase even more dudes.

I doubt the core rules will talk about proper bases at all, just like in 40k. However, events like Nova and LVO or whatever are starting to implement stricter painting/modeling guidelines because of the increased GW presence, and modern bases are part of that.

dexefiend posted:

I am ordering Nighthaunt stuff tonight.

:fap:

Just a few spirit hosts, to test a paint scheme.

You might want to wait, they're coming out with some ghost paints:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

What faction is the Coven Throne?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Yeah, sounds good like it just reduces sloppy play without really hurting anything.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Destruction is getting folded into Order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

berzerkmonkey posted:

Uh oh - are things that bad?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/announcement.php?forumid=1