Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I forgot just how crazy the story gets here, and it really plants some seeds for MGS2's start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Right. If Liquid launches a nuke at Russia, (regardless of what specific weapon fired the nuke), Russia will be able to trace trajectory* and see "Hey, that thing came at us from Alaska, which is part of America. WTF, America?"

Now America could go, "Ah, ah, ah, terrorists took over our nuclear weapons disposal facility and fired that, not us." But then they still have to explain 1) How did the terrorists build a launch platform for a nuclear warhead that has Intercontinental capabilities? 2) Why did America not let their allies know that terrorists had taken over said site? 3) How long have they been there? 4) What have you been doing all this time to stop them?

*Yes, Metal Gear is capable of "stealth launch", but I think that is referring more to "it doesn't use rocket propulsion which is how traditional nuclear bombs/rockets get picket up by counter measures" and less "It materializes a bomb from the shadows, completely unseen until detonation"