Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm trying to get back into drawing so I made a mario birb for my brother.

I'm aiming to learn something new with every crappy drawing. With this one I learned that feathers are a pain in the rear end to make look right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Neon Noodle posted:

Thanks! I did the initial pencil sketch a few days ago, but largely redrew it for the final. Drawing on the illustration board took about an hour or so:

Then I revised the pencil drawing to fix some compositional issues:

Total time on the drawing was probably 2 hours. Then I did a gouache underpainting with a lift-out technique explained here. That took about an hour and a half.

Once that was done, the final color glaze took probably 2 hours, maybe a little more.

The speed at which some of you work is insane. I can't imagine drawing something anywhere near that good after days of work, let alone a mere 5 hours.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So here's a bit of a weird question; does anyone else feel anxious when they aren't drawing something? I don't mean actively drawing at any given moment, but rather just having some kind of project sitting on the backburner. I've been doing a lot more drawing this month and everytime i finish a piece, I start feeling anxious and want to begin work on another. Even if I only do some extremely light sketch for 10 minutes before doing other stuff, it just feels good to have something in place I know I'm going to be moving forward with.

Its strange cause I definitely never felt this way in the past. Finishing a piece used to mentally exhaust me completely.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I've just taken to drawing totally normal fruits and vegetables whenever I don't know what to draw/want to do something relatively easy.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Did a drawing of a Yuki-onna

Nothing special obviously but I had tried to draw this picture wayyyyyy back at the start of the year. Got frustrated and gave up on it. It felt good to go back and finish something I had previously abandoned, even if my grasp on anatomy is still...tenuous, at best.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Some dumb trash I drew today.

I still haven't found coloring style I'm pleased with. I've seen some people paint with colors that aren't blended super hard with plainly visible strokes. I tried doing that here, but whenever I do it myself it just feels wrong. like there's some magic balance for blending and strokes I haven't found.

Al! posted:

ok one more. i went from a flimsy Chinese knockoff 2 a wacom pad and its a noticeably huge jump up in quality

im trying 2 do more with animals and figures bc theyre a great way to point focus or add additional atmosphere 2 an animation...... i kno this is probably basic stuff

I don't care for pixel art but I really like this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

sigma 6 posted:

This IS the daily drawing thread? Right? I mean... So... I don't care if it his girlfriend or the girl on the corner. If someone is drawing daily, no matter what the content is... that should be encouraged... uhhh... right?

That's a quality octopus.

This is probably the most involved drawing I've done recently and it made me realize how bad I am with backgrounds (well, even worse than everything else at least). Working on a different pic now where I'm trying to put more effort into doing a proper background.

• Locked thread