Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arbor
Jun 9, 2010
some of the sketchbookin bits i particularly enjoyed from the last week or so. I use absolutely garbage paper that couldnt handle a snail's sneeze, much less any wash of anything using water, which is why theres buckling on some of these. Doesn't bother me, sorry if it bothers you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbor
Jun 9, 2010

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I'm the bottomfish without a humpback freaking out.

same. secretly every few pages of my sketchbook has a self portrait, and by a self portrait i mean a small something or other, definitely having a crisis

fig b -
fig c -

sigma 6 posted:

Less interested in the paper and more interested in the drawing tools. Brush pens and mechanical pencil? Line weight is ridiculously good.
Thinner lines on the fish, the lil fern fairy and the orange tiger were a horribly dying staedtler 0.5 fine liner. I didnt finish the fern drawing because I got tired of coaxing ink out of it, and didnt even try on the tiger, so to replace that until I either: or some online or adventure into town I dumped some into into a pentel aquash water brush. Size unknown unfortunately. Its the not smallest/not biggest one with a dark blue lid. Its working okay, might have been smarter to just use a paintbrush and deal with the cleanup though. Havent used it long enough to decide if I'll refill it once what I put in there empties out.

smallmouth posted:

Final of this girl.

this is such a good dog. I love this dog.

closer shot of the ratte part of the page above, and also sorry for the DOG HAIR on it. I said that in caps so they could feel the shame from here. they're probably sorry. and some turtles, since im gonna have to draw a turtle soon. The good rattes and the turtles are just referenced off of google.

Arbor
Jun 9, 2010
DOG BALLS. more spheres of dogs please

this is a cluster of excellence and wonder and happy

Al! posted:

that was always my favorite castlevania boss

is approaching the right number of dog but i think a few more could be squeezed in there dang please

on talent and consistency and whatever, not that its anywhere nearly as fascinating as the Dog Orb but I've always preferred the word passion to talent. I've felt like saying that "oh youre so incredibly talented" is diminishing to the work people put into their craft - be it singing or drawing or whatever, and is also sort of a closed door in the face of beginners. Like you might as well not keep going if you don't start out as a savant. I have an innate talent for spacial thinking - but it was passion that got me through the years and years of drawing animals with lemon heads and feet bigger than the entire body.

i prefer to compliment skill, and attribute passion over talent but that could be splitting hairs.

And i think consistency is something to be worked for and something that comes with time. Drawing a subject i'm weak at, getting it right was more luck than intention. It was work and time that got me to get it to look right every time.

Though not 10,000 hours. An interesting talk about 20 hours, instead of 10,000.

anyway some art. the ink thing is my gw2 charr done in place of the "justice" tarot card and i thought quite a bit too much about the changes to imagery or character but i dont think it would really matter to anyone but me.

Arbor
Jun 9, 2010

Neon Noodle posted:

Self portrait

looking at this just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and content inside

i dont know anything about anything about anything (about anything) with storyboards or animatics or whatever, but I thought maybe it would be fun to try and learn via osmosis, and watch some scenes and try and draw them out? I started with the other fathers song from coraline

belatedly occurs to me to wonder if this is too sketchy for the sketch thread but my desire for any knowledge dropping or the chance on being told what to do better next time outweighs the internet forum anxiety

• Locked thread