Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Just for kicks, made a time lapse of carving a lino block and the first test print

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRZwe9pBPwL/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Meanwhile though, tablets are the future and these take up no room in the closet:

God I hope not. Inkjet prints are so boring

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Work travel means time to doodle

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Some experiments

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

I guess airplanes spur my creativity

Starting to feel kinda one-note, though

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Felt tip pens for lyfe

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Was on a plane so did some draws

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Al! posted:

what an interesting vase

I'm entering my impractical pottery period

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

I brought out the paints and did up a previous daily doodle

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Sharpest Crayon posted:

This is a callout. Where our balanced, normal artists at?

Here, but I haven’t been daily drawing, instead playing with daily carving. So satisfying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Shinmera posted:

Of course. I guess I just fall into the pit of "I'm never gonna get there" way too easily, which is something I'm aware of, but not sure how to combat against.

First, define what "there" is, and milestone if need to. This will be difficult because personal style is, well, personal, and you'll be tempted to look to other people and go "I want to be X". Resist the temptation. Learn from other people, but don't Buffalo Bill them.

If you don't know something, you have to do a deep-dive of self-reflection and analysis to figure it out.

I'd up Crayon's numbers and change it to, for every work: three good things you did and two things you want to improve. Recognizing the good you've done is important in every skill. And if you really truly honestly for real don't think you did any good (although you did, but we'll let that go for now), you need to figure out why you think that. Are you expecting more of yourself than is warranted? Are you Buffalo Billing but realizing that you're making the wrong skin suit? Are technical issues blinding conceptual successes? Are conceptual issues blinding technical successes? and so on

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Bless you, you magical unicorn of a person, and also gently caress yes loving this mask.

The finish is in the traditional thread

• Locked thread