Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
A Jolly Imp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

Green Thumb

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
A little scenery and a goblin in trouble

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
Doing Star Wars drawings for May

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
more Star Wars

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
I painted a bunny

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I really like the contrast between the varying wood texture and the large, clean areas of colour. Sorta makes it look like the colours "hover" just above the wood. Is there a coat of clear laquer between the wood and the paint?

I just used some Minwax stain on the plaque, it gave the wood enough shininess that the matte paint really does pop out nicely on it.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
A local art collective is doing a bird themed show next month, I submitted my parrot from earlier and this

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I love that background gradient, such a smooth transition. It is always a delight to see a painting where the background's been put in first and you've got a strong separation between it and the foreground object. Do you paint miniatures? From the grain of the canvas, this can't be very big, but you've got some tiny detail in there.

It's an 8x10 canvas, I do have a tendency to work small and like tiny fiddly brushes. I did the initial background gradient with spraypaint!

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
Inktober beginneth!

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
NEVERMORE

Edit: also, Medusa

Davedave24 fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 4, 2017

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I made a wizard

I love this!

For todays inktober, a quick Frankenstein

And I tried out making a time-lapse recording of the inking process - https://youtu.be/rWF4thqFemw

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
Gill-man!

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
Sadako!

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
I painted a deck for a skateboard art auction being run for the local skate park
https://twitter.com/huzzahdave/status/926278601036718085

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

I want a little goblin Sphynx kitty so bad

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
I finished a painting today

And have been doing some blackout poetry drawings recently

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

Sharpest Crayon posted:

MITOCHONDRIA IS THE POWERHOUSE OF THE CELL please tell me you named it that. Also, that blackout poetry looks like so much fun, I gotta try that.

I called it "Protoplasmic", actually, so not far off.

The word-puzzle aspect of blackout is pretty fun, and finding an arrangement that flows well is very satisfying. I was pruning my bookshelves and had some old books starting to fall apart, I'm glad I decided to give it a try.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
Some more blackout poems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
I'm making block print and watercolor Christmas cards

• Locked thread