Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

dangerdoom volvo posted:

He's not in vanilla 98

I'll see if I can do a chargeback on my credit card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I thought 98 was going to be a lot less approachable but it's been good rear end gaming, and smooth sailing

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I will paint my house wit your brud.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

is the 98 on switch not um ?=?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

is the 98 on switch not um ?=?

Slugfest

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oh looks like its a straight arcade emu thing. kind of weird but hell whatever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Do the switch neo geo games not have online then? Local only?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Do the switch neo geo games not have online then? Local only?

They are arcade emulators. Waku waku doesnt even have playable bosses

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

was thinking of this song again today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwbFjXfuQIU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i need to play more 14 cuz the execution is dead simple and leenas everything is + on block and leads into 500% damage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I still havent even used every character yet because I dont know anyone who is good at KOF and playing against people who are also as bad as me doesnt teach me much. I love it though when the online is working

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I still havent even used every character yet because I dont know anyone who is good at KOF and playing against people who are also as bad as me doesnt teach me much. I love it though when the online is working

athena, mai, kdash altho he can't do 50% off a random midscreen crouch c with no meter nemore, leeona, robert, benimaru as long as you get his command grab down are probalby the best i reckon. enjoy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

shun ei seemed real strong when i first tried him but they've done a few patches

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oh yeah mature is good and u don't have to have insane execution like in 13 to play her

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the coolest thing about 13 was that all the top tier characters except maybe kim you could basically ignore learning hd combos for, the whole system the game was based around

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked Kula and Benimaru and Athena

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

kula seems strong. i vividly the last match of 13 i played, it was ranbats with some epals of mine who were much better than me but i had one guy on the ropes until he did kulas ex dp which hit 3/4 of the screen oops

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kula is my anchor

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I like robert, he's scrappy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In case anybody wasn't convinced that SFV is a grandiose early access style scam of epic proportions, Capcom announced today that they rewrote the online functionality from the ground up with incredible new features like "a friend list", "matchmaking", "stat tracking" a "rage quit penalty system" and "reduced load times". Release date of Soon but PC version gets access to a public beta next week for a testing phase of indeterminate length

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

In case anybody wasn't convinced that SFV is a grandiose early access style scam of epic proportions, Capcom announced today that they rewrote the online functionality from the ground up with incredible new features like "a friend list", "matchmaking", "stat tracking" a "rage quit penalty system" and "reduced load times". Release date of Soon but PC version gets access to a public beta next week for a testing phase of indeterminate length

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

its gonna awesome when its released though

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

mysterious loyall X posted:

can't wait to find out who the don mains in garou
kevin

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nitro plus blasters is 8 bucks on psn today

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Nitro plus blasters is 8 bucks on psn today

It's a fun game but I already have it on pc and don't want to double dip

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sonico has huge boobs and all her normals are cats of different size and trajectory. It's easy to mash out combos and the assists are usually screen clearing nonsense. I played it for like 2 weekends and went back to GG tho bc the pc online was spotty with the two people I tried to play with

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I was using wireless at the time iirc :smugbird:

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Now that I'm done with Nier I want to play more fighting games again. I'm kind of curious about BlazBlue but I'm hesitant to spend 60 dollars on it. I'm down for some Guilty Gear or Chaos Code tonight, though.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Blazblus combos are irritatingly lpgn

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm down for some FGs tonight after i play the Ys VIII demo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also messed around with Robert and Mai in KOF today and they seem easier, but it all goes down the drain in an actual match. The other thing that's weird is that I get accidental DPs in this game all the drat time but not in any other game

In Training fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 24, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I take back everything bad I've ever said about SFV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvIxw9J2Mbw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got drunk and bought chaos code

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good games last night everyone. Took me an hour straight of playing against I-No to figure when she's going to jab low or overhead but even then it still caught me all the time

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i tried to upload a cool clip but i don't know if it happened after it said added to uploads in the ps4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oh yeah that reminds me I captured a clip of some high level chaos code play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei6-wJSHnCY

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im93GOPZFzI epic

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Found this vid of Baiken and Answer gameplay. I like how Answer is on the phone the whole time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlnypVX9TnM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They both look really cool. Baiken's entrance is badass as well

• Locked thread