Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Thinking of picking up guilty gear xrd rev 2 for steam. Is playing on a keyboard viable? Also, how's the netcode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

mysterious loyall X posted:

U can use a keyboard fine if thats your thing. The netcode is okay altho since its all peer to peer it depends on your connection and the other dudes connection. You wont find random ppl on ranked if thay your thing altho theres usually public rooms of varying level most days. Otherwise you have to look on varying discords for matches

I havent played fighting games in years, and when I did it was always with a console controller, but sincr all Ive got right now is a PC I'll give the keyboard a shot for now. idc about ranked or whatever as long as there's a decent number of people who still play.

the last fighter I was into was blazblue, but it seems like no one plays that anymore :(

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

mysterious loyall X posted:

a lot of ppl use a kb setup that's left, down, right on asd, space for jump, and then attack buttons on u i j k or the numpad or crap like that.
turns out i cant even qureater circle on the kboard...good thing I got some christmas $$$ :D to buy a gamepad for my pc.

havning to make a hard decision right now though

on the one hand, i can get the good fighting game one that costs $40 dollars or a regular rear end dualshock 4 so i can play demon souls...
qho am i kidin im going demon souls set up :D

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
also, if the dragon ball fighterZ system requireements for PC stay as they're listed, on steam, then i'm going to loving cry

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
my laptop's specs are (copying and pasting from newegg):
2 x NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M (SLI) 2 GB
Intel Core i7 4th Gen 4700MQ (2.40 GHz)
8 GB Memory 1TB + 8GB SSHD HDD

it's a few years old, but had the nicest specs I could get at the time within my price range when it was on sale. it runs overwatch (on lower settings) and guilty gear xrd (as far as I can tell) just fine.

pc gamer pals, let me know whether to preemptively cry or not, wrt the dbz release. thanks

• Locked thread