Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

net cafe scandal posted:

To pass the time until the next Injustice 2 character reveal, I've been imagining the ease with which Superman could dispatch of the entire Guilty Gear cast.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In case folks haven't b en keeping up, The Joker was revealed today .... I figure he's probably got a few fans on a twisted forum like this one ;)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Its gonna be awesome. Thinking of picking up a PS4 for it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

those dbz style arena games always look insanely ugly and unfun to me.

the second PSP Dissidia game was really fun in single player and had a world map and an equipment system and customizable skills and was a solid action RPG with a unique combat system .... i don't think it would hold up as just a straight-up fighting game tho and apparently that's what this new game is; looks like it will have a basic story mode but nothing with the RPG elements of the portable games . Also for some dumb reason neither of those were available on PSN for the Vita last time i checked :rant:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The combat system is weird and sort of reminiscent of Smash Bros -- you have two bars, BP and HP. You can perform BP attacks (usually quick/ranged stuff) to drain your opponent's bar of BP and increase your own. HP attacks are a lot slower and flashier and use up all your BP but if they connect , they remove HP from your opponent equal to the amount of BP you've stored up and when HP runs out you're dead. There's a cool risk/reward dynamic as to when you want to expend your BP on doing an HP attack and whether you want to whittle down your opponent's health with a lot of small HP attacks or build up a ton of BP and drain a bunch of their health at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lol Injustice 2 got a patch that adds a badge of shame next to your name if you're playing online over a wifi connection. Do any other games do that? they all should

• Locked thread