Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

your "sit in your chair and make a difference" action of the day:

look at your 3 members of congress websites and see if they've called for the resignation of Jeff Sessions. If they haven't made a statement calling for his resignation, call their office and ask that they do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ill do it

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

eonwe posted:

ill do it

:toot:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

eonwe posted:

fluffieduckie owns really hard

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
That was a fast gold.

Piso Mojado
Aug 6, 2013

Burt Sexual posted:

That was a fast gold.

people love to stand in rain

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

i did 2 things today that were indoors and didn't involve signs. one was just a town hall meeting, but the one i want to talk about is the swingleft house party i went to

swingleft is in the organizing stages but they're growing fast. They had 500 house parties all over the country this weekend to get people who have been assigned to the same swing districts interacting with each other. starting next month we'll be traveling to our swing districts and starting getting people registered to vote and talking to them about issues that affect them.

at https://swingleft.org/ you can enter your zip code and they assign you to the closest swing district. on their website they have pages of documentation about those districts and the issues facing voters. they also have calendars for house parties working on the same district to share plans and coordinate activities. they are partnering with https://knockeverydoor.org/ to help train volunteers as we move forward.

if knocking on doors isn't your thing there are other things you can do like working high foot traffic areas to register voters and working phone banks or recruiting new volunteers. it's a great idea - focusing on keeping vulnerable democrat seats and turning vulnerable republican seats during the 2018 election.

if you're looking for a concrete way to change the makeup of the house starting in 2018, this might be the project for you.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

eonwe posted:

fluffieduckie owns really hard

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Who won

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

v. good post and thread, and if I can find my picture of me standing in the rain with a sign, I'll post it

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Weeping Wound posted:

v. good post and thread,

this

I been havin less posting time lately because i've been out stirrin' up poo poo and community organizin' :getin:

Piso Mojado
Aug 6, 2013

Today im meeting with our company leadership team in response to an open letter I sent them asking for them to take a corporate stance against the recent changes to our immigration policies.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Piso Mojado posted:

Today im meeting with our company leadership team in response to an open letter I sent them asking for them to take a corporate stance against the recent changes to our immigration policies.

stay safe optics ghost

Piso Mojado
Aug 6, 2013

crazy cloud posted:

stay safe optics ghost

my goal by the end of this meeting will be to convince them through the power of charts that doing is so is not only good for PR, but also its good for our company line.

Piso Mojado
Aug 6, 2013

Part of this is pointing out that nearly 80% of publications and patents that we filed last year have at least one author who is here on a work visa.

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

Weeping Wound posted:

v. good post and thread, and if I can find my picture of me standing in the rain with a sign, I'll post it

:love:

crazy cloud posted:

this

I been havin less posting time lately because i've been out stirrin' up poo poo and community organizin' :getin:

:love: :love:

Piso Mojado posted:

:love: :love: :love:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FluffieDuckie posted:

you can use https://www.faxzero.com to send a free fax

Send to: DOJ Inspector Michael E Horowitz
Fax #: 202 616 9881

Name of Offending Employee: Jefferson Sessions
Date of Offense: 1/10/17
Location of Offense: Congressional Hearing
Offense: Lying under oath

This was really cool and I did it

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

This was really cool and I did it

did you giggle while you did it? because I did. that was super fun

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
id send my own message but springs almost here and no way am i spending a beautiful new england summer locked in a MAGA gulag

but is it alright if i use yours?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont think the intern or whoever I talked to cared, but Iive in TX, so expected

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

eonwe posted:

i dont think the intern or whoever I talked to cared, but Iive in TX, so expected

they don't care that you feel that way, but if thousands of people keep calling they care that they might not get reelected and they may start considering separating themselves from the shitshow

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i like your av op

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FluffieDuckie posted:

did you giggle while you did it? because I did. that was super fun

I wanted to add a photocopy of my butt but it probably wouldn't have had the same effect

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FluffieDuckie posted:

they don't care that you feel that way, but if thousands of people keep calling they care that they might not get reelected and they may start considering separating themselves from the shitshow

Yeah, this. Rand Paul is actually vulnerable to this kind of nonsense for multiple reasons: thin skin, not an entrenched figure, might be able to appeal vaguely to his libertarian attitude (though probably not since it boils down to FYGM anyway)

Even McConnell is spooked right now, people are showing up outside his office and home to protest a whole whole lot

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

i'm going out wearing red and holding a sign today folks. please take time to do something similar

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
I couldn't attend anything today but I sent my understudy who sent me this from NYC about an hour ago... I'm so proud of her!

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Jose posted:

i like your av op

Same. That's from Hotel Dusk/Last Window yeah?

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

Yossarian-22 posted:

Same. That's from Hotel Dusk/Last Window yeah?

Yep our newbie avvie thread folks made it for me. I wish I could say I'd played hotel dusk and that's why I picked it but I only got as far as failing to get the hanger off the wall before I rage quit

Piso Mojado
Aug 6, 2013

FluffieDuckie posted:

Yep our newbie avvie thread folks made it for me. I wish I could say I'd played hotel dusk and that's why I picked it but I only got as far as failing to get the hanger off the wall before I rage quit

wait i thought it was fron a-ha's take on me music video. :doh:

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

here's another super easy thing you can do this week. on the 15th (the ides of march) drop a postcard in the mail to trump. the goal is to have literal trucks of mail drive up to the whitehouse with proof that people do not actually love the donald

postcards can be any heavy cardstock (a notecard works). usps required dimensions are at least 3-1/2 inches high x 5 inches long and no more than 4-1/4 inches high x 6 inches long. Current postcard postage rates are 34 cents, but a forever stamp works if that's all you have.

more info here: https://www.theidesoftrump.com/#theidesoftrump

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

FluffieDuckie posted:

here's another super easy thing you can do this week. on the 15th (the ides of march) drop a postcard in the mail to trump. the goal is to have literal trucks of mail drive up to the whitehouse with proof that people do not actually love the donald

postcards can be any heavy cardstock (a notecard works). usps required dimensions are at least 3-1/2 inches high x 5 inches long and no more than 4-1/4 inches high x 6 inches long. Current postcard postage rates are 34 cents, but a forever stamp works if that's all you have.

hahahaha outstanding

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

crazy cloud posted:

hahahaha outstanding

the day's past, have the thread title changed!

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

posting so you can all see my new sig my friend vanisher made me

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i support everyone standing in the rain protesting your pissbaby president but protesting him in the UK as people have been doing is just dumb imo

Piso Mojado
Aug 6, 2013

Jose posted:

i support everyone standing in the rain protesting your pissbaby president but protesting him in the UK as people have been doing is just dumb imo

its good to stand out against racism, bigotry, and oppression no matter where you live imo

Piso Mojado has issued a correction as of 10:22 on Mar 11, 2017

Piso Mojado
Aug 6, 2013

i think its inspiring to see other people to stand up for the shittiness of the world., especially if theyre 3000 miles away

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Piso Mojado posted:

i think its good to stand out against racism, bigotry, and oppression no matter where you live imo

i wish the anti-austerity marches got even half the coverage

KIND OF A KIM DEAL
Oct 28, 2016

by zen death robot

FluffieDuckie posted:

Hell yeah! :hai:

https://twitter.com/kelleydeal/status/824435368657383424

:dealwithit:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

FluffieDuckie posted:

posting so you can all see my new sig my friend vanisher made me

owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

the ACLU is starting an organization called "people power" where they will roll out initiatives for you to oomplete in your community. their first one is to encourage your cities to become "freedom cities" that pledge to stand up against ICE. There will be more initiatives rolling out.

https://peoplepower.org/

i will update the OP for this as well

• Locked thread