Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FluffieDuckie posted:

Hi Cspam. I don't usually post here, but BYOB is a no-politics zone because "chill" and "politics" don't really mix, so I'm venturing out of my home forum to share some information with you.

What? Yes they do, otherwise we wouldn't exist

bazomatic posted:

This is an incredibly helpful list, thank you. 5calls alone is huge.

Same. 5calls is one of the best sites out there right now, because it encourages you to do something very important with a minimum of effort. The internet can actually get involved for once!

e: Mods/Admins, can someone sticky this? Otherwise I'll pony up for it after my next paycheck comes in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Right this very moment, I'm retweeting anything I get my hands on. Yeah, it's dumb, but it helps keep stories alive among people who will do something about them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Long term, I've been to a couple of protests (there's just not very many in our area) and following Shaun King for various action items. The big thing he/we have been focusing on the last few weeks is disrupting the Dakota Pipeline money flow. Actions taken by King's organizing were the major reason Wells Fargo got their contract pulled in Seattle. :3: He's now working on getting other major financial companies to stop or risk significant boycotts. I've already moved my credit account from Chase to Discover because of it. It's a little thing, but little things add up. (And, speaking of which, part of my bonus this year is going to the ACLU and RAINN.)

I highly recommend following @ShaunKing. If you DM/tweet at him, he'll probably add you to the action item mailing list. (I don't know how else to get on it and I'm not sure the account drains into something he can read.) It's definitely something to keep an eye on, the guy does great work.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

jarofpiss posted:

op u forgot to post links about siezing the state and overthrowing capitalism

linking posts to themselves is frowned upon :getin:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Coolguye posted:

having tried that before there's a couple of practical problems with that, most of which involve your own head. it gets in the way while wielding the thing so either you are comfortable with not being able to see what the gently caress is in front of you or you have to lean out far enough that you get no coverage from the umbrella.

you don't have to hang it in front of you or anything, just stick to the top of the umbrella straight up

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FluffieDuckie posted:

you can use https://www.faxzero.com to send a free fax

Send to: DOJ Inspector Michael E Horowitz
Fax #: 202 616 9881

Name of Offending Employee: Jefferson Sessions
Date of Offense: 1/10/17
Location of Offense: Congressional Hearing
Offense: Lying under oath

This was really cool and I did it

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FluffieDuckie posted:

did you giggle while you did it? because I did. that was super fun

I wanted to add a photocopy of my butt but it probably wouldn't have had the same effect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FluffieDuckie posted:

they don't care that you feel that way, but if thousands of people keep calling they care that they might not get reelected and they may start considering separating themselves from the shitshow

Yeah, this. Rand Paul is actually vulnerable to this kind of nonsense for multiple reasons: thin skin, not an entrenched figure, might be able to appeal vaguely to his libertarian attitude (though probably not since it boils down to FYGM anyway)

Even McConnell is spooked right now, people are showing up outside his office and home to protest a whole whole lot

• Locked thread