Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Hi duckie :glomp:

Thanks for this good thread, and esp for tellng me about 5calls it's v cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Drunkboxer posted:

I've never been to a protest before, can I just mill around and be a warm body without a sign?

Yeah probably less than a third of ppl have an actual sign at a typical protest, a lot of it is just being a big crowd and shouting catchy slogans

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Holy poo poo I actually made contact with a human being at senator Toomey's office. He's been notorious for basically leaving left his phone off the hook since inauguration.

I called my two senators, who are D and R, against the repeal of the rule against methane flaring on BLM land (thanks 5call). I know from working in research in the energy field that you have a better chance of convincing both sides to care about your issue if you change the way you talk about it. When I talk to a D it's all about the environment, when I talk to an R it's all about "energy independence." Whether this works on senators and their office staff idk but it helps in grant writing and talking to lower level government officials!

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

*pulls out a phone and goes tchk-tchk like i'm cocking a gun*

• Locked thread