Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punchbuggy
Feb 16, 2011
[img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img
]
Clapping Larry
Yes! My friend and I attended a "hands around the mosque" event at the MCC EastBay (California) last month. It was actually raining, and it was a challenge to try to hold and umbrella while holding hands. I'm kidding, of course--it was fine to get a little wet. After rousing speeches by a Christian minister, a rabbi, the imam, and a high school kid, I was in tears. So many people came up to us to thank us for coming. The fact that we have to hold these rallies to support our fellow countrymen is ridiculous.

What the hell is wrong with our country?

Oh, they also served a delicious lunch afterwards!

I have taken my elementary-school aged kids to town hall meetings, too. Of course we are in the SF Bay Area, so we are in the "bubble." Our representatives are pretty much all democrats, and the meetings have all been great.

I am taking my kids to March for Science next month. Gotta do something...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread