Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Here's a bunch of things all centered around Delaware, for any of you who share my misfortune of living here.

Short notice but first thing's first:

https://twitter.com/thenetworkde/status/930415862103887872

I've been working with Network Delaware lately on various things. This tweet is a project that wants to reform punishment in schools, essentially replacing "punishment" with restorative justice, and an empathetic learning environment. The idea is that children suspended for acting out in schools are often the most vulnerable, and disrupting their education can lead to worsening poverty and crime. There is a kick-off event for specifically this aspect of Network Delaware happening in Wilmington tonight. Network Delaware, in general, is always looking for new members. If you want to help out, PM me, or message them.

Additionally, on Saturday, I plan to canvass for Tizzy Lockman, who is seeking to primary our third district Democratic senator. She's an extremely progressive candidate and can use all the help available.

On the 28th, another progressive group, Delaware United, is having an end of year recap event of sorts in Newark.

If you go to any of this stuff, I'm the guy with the dumb hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm thinking about starting a "DO SOMETHING" good candidate megathread for the mid-Atlantic Delaware/Philly/Maryland region, so we can help people who give a poo poo in at least one specific region. Anyone have good people outside of Delaware who are running? I am fine getting Delawareans on my own.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

How about a thread to coordinate replacing "the opposition" with antifa candidates in the Democrat primaries?

that's what I meant inititally

Ace of Baes posted:

Help start the Delaware DSA.
I don't have time to anymore. Working on this. If anyone is near me, please come. We need a large showing.

• Locked thread